Thread: Mercury Service Providers

Default Mercury Service Providers

Looking to have my older 87 Mercury outboard serviced, have been doing some troubleshooting on it over the past few weeks for an ignition problem but to no avail I can not get it to start. I am looking for a good reputable Mercury service center to take it to, and from Merc's website my options are limited, Im just looking for an honest reputable place to take it to. Anyone have any recommendations? I was doing some reading on another (newer) thread on here and there seems to be alot of Marita haters out there , what about Burkeshore Marina?

I am newer to river boating and marine power units.....and I am at a loss now.......and these past few days have been too nice to be confined to my house instead of being on the water.

Thanks in advance!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by bmborum View Post
    Looking to have my older 87 Mercury outboard serviced, have been doing some troubleshooting on it over the past few weeks for an ignition problem but to no avail I can not get it to start. I am looking for a good reputable Mercury service center to take it to, and from Merc's website my options are limited, Im just looking for an honest reputable place to take it to. Anyone have any recommendations? I was doing some reading on another (newer) thread on here and there seems to be alot of Marita haters out there , what about Burkeshore Marina?

I am newer to river boating and marine power units.....and I am at a loss now.......and these past few days have been too nice to be confined to my house instead of being on the water.

Thanks in advance!
    +1 for Burkeshore. That's the only place I'll take mine...after learning the hard way about other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    +1 for Burkeshore. That's the only place I'll take mine...after learning the hard way about other shops.

Thanks for your input frosty. I work for a local fuel distributor that delivers to Burkeshore and they have always seemed like fairly nice folks. Just hoping not to meet a schister in this occasion.....

You got that right... Don't take it to Marita. I tried the mechanic at Burkshore and he never returned my calls. Good luck to you and please keep us posted as any info on a good Mercury Mechanic would be very helpful... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

After paying a so called Marine Shop in Anchorage nearly $1200 to fix a carb problem on our Bayliner, I ended up taking it to Burkshore to have it really fixed and winterized. Ended up spending a little over $300 to fix the $1200 problem. (Why do I always have to learn the HARD way?) The Service people / Mechanic at Burkshore get my vote. However, there is another Mercury service near Big Lake, but a little off the beaten path that a lot of people don't know about. Troy's Marine Service. (907-892-2349) Troy worked on a maddening outboard problem for me and did an excellent job of figuring out what the problem was and fixing it for a very fair price.

J Kimberly on Arctic.

AlexaWest

I also need the information about mercury service. This thread helps me so much in this problem. Adorable reading! For more information you can visit here: Boat Parts

Well, after working with Marita and finally getting to the end of this ordeal, I have found that Marita has done everything they can to fix the issues with my boat. They are not the problem. I believe that Mercury and their instructions in the owners manual is. First, the boat must be level, the water pressure must be low (neither of which is said in the manual) and you must verify that the cooling system is full before starting the engine but you cannot run the water until the engine is running. I'm still not sure on how it is supposed to happen. Good Luck ya'll...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    You got that right... Don't take it to Marita. I tried the mechanic at Burkshore and he never returned my calls. Good luck to you and please keep us posted as any info on a good Mercury Mechanic would be very helpful... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Nothing wrong with Marita,,,,you have few sour grape on this thread is all'

If everything goes right (hero's) and if something goes wrong, blame the folks that have nothing to do with the cause of the problem, go figure.

Thanks for the continues Service Marita Sea and Ski, you get my vote and my dollars.

I used to do warranty electronics repair until I had enough!! I was paid a flat rate of $15 or less per item, it did not cover doing the paper work.

It was a thankless job, the customer is mad, his item was broke, and I can't drop everything and fix it while he wait.

Sometime you're were caught in the middle between a customer that did nothing wrong.... a dealer that install it WRONG and is not admitting to it........ a manufacture that knows it's not there fault but want to protect his product and the dealer.......and the icing on the cake his friends that know nothing and are beer talking everybody...... and people wonder why nobody want to do warrant repair.

That was back when there was no internet, I can not imagine the damage that has been done to Marita reputation. If I were Marita I would be rethink why I am doing warrant repairs for another dealer, they are the ones that sold the boat, not Marita.

Default Mercury Service Providers

It all in the language the tec tells the warrnrty provider.... Period...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..