Thread: Mat Valley Meats +1

Default Mat Valley Meats +1

Just tried them for the first time and gotta say, they make a really quality product. Their location is easy to access [either route] coming to Eagle River from hunting in the north. Dropped off our caribou meat for polish and fire sticks and they said it'd be ready in a week. They called this morning and I went right up there and picked it up. I stopped at a red light and retrieved a piece of firestick and it was really good ~ spicy and just a real nice kick. Just warmed up some polish in a skillet and chopped it up like "German Mettwurst" ~ a squirt of curry katchup and a few shakes of curry powder...Schmeckt sehr gut! Also went well with spicy mustard and of course an ice-cold Alaskan IPA. Well Done!

Ive always have gotten great results from them I just picked up my liver worst and its great had hotdogs summer sausage and brots done and they all turned out great
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Their black bear summer sausage is the best of any summer sausage you'll ever flop a lip over!

"We are unable to make small batches of smoked sausage, so all smoked sausage meat is mixed, and made in 100 to 300 lb. batches. If you insist on getting your own meat back in smoked sausage form, we require that you provide 100# for a batch."

"All sausage is processed in 150 lb. batches"

Their products may be yummy, but I don't have enough meat to meet the minimum to garantee my own meat back. Game meat mass produced is not my thing... Mat Valley Meats -1

I too prefer to get my own game back, not mixed in with some other stuff that you don't know how it was cared for, dirt, flies, not kept cool enough. I like a guarantee that it will be my meat that I am paying for, if I choose to take it to a processor.
    "Grin and Bear It"

I would go elsewhere! -1
    Louie

I'll give them a -1 as well. Not to be mean, just honest. I couldnt muster up 100#, I only had about 80# and I GUARANTEE there was some nastiness mixed into my teriaki sticks from someone elses meat. Lesson learned, if you dont have the 100# amount, look elsewhere.

I will say that the summer sausage was TERRIFIC. The hot dogs were So-So OK. The teriaki sticks are great one bite and nasty the next. Caveat Emptor.

-10 for me. Do not like this place at all including the attitude of the goofy looking punk that works there.
    Will never do business with them again.
    BK

My buddy and I had two seperate orders thru them, no more

Go to Pioneer meats and tell Lisa that Rosa's dad sent you, Ken. Mile 49 going up the parks highway. You won't get a discount but she will treat you right and give you your own meat back!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Hot dogs were good until found WHOLE flies in them. Will never go back...

-100% We should have loaded up our stuff and drove off when they opened the door to bring it in. The dogs refuse the snack sticks
    Never ever will we go back.

In the winter, it might be good but in the fall... forgetaboutit. I have seen the nastiest meat hanging when there is a lot of meat to process. Fecal matter, leaves, green stomach matter sprayed on the meat, not my cup of tea
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Wow!! And to think I avoided business with them simply as a matter of not liking the prices!! Seems one of my sometimes-lesser-endearing qualities (that of being a sometimes-cheapskate... ok, sometimes and maybe often times..) saved me from a potentially-less-than-satisfying experience....

Another undesirable personality trait saves me again...