Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: looking for shotgun gunsmith in Alaska

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default looking for shotgun gunsmith in Alaska

    I have a 12 gauge Citori which last year started randomly failing to fire
    (slight dent on primer, but not enough to ignite).

    I took it to Arctic Gunworks in Fairbanks.

    Spent $190 for "cleaning". Now in mid duck season, starting to see the same problem.

    I need a gunsmith who can put in new springs and firing pins...any in the Fairbanks/North Pole area?
    Or any in Alaska I can ship to?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member gunbugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Firing pins and springs are probably fine. Sounds like the hammer(s) are only falling from the half cock position. As in they either are not being fully cocked when the gun is opened, or they are slipping off the sear as the gun is closed and falling to the safety notch, causing light strikes, as the hammer is only falling half as far as normal.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default looking for shotgun gunsmith

    Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Firing pins and springs are probably fine. Sounds like the hammer(s) are only falling from the half cock position. As in they either are not being fully cocked when the gun is opened, or they are slipping off the sear as the gun is closed and falling to the safety notch, causing light strikes, as the hammer is only falling half as far as normal.
    Can you recommend a gunsmith I can ship to? I'd hate to spend another $190 for failure again...

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Member Superx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Call Vince at Precision Arms in Anchorage. (907) 279-5755

    He specializes in shotgun work and knows the Citori better than most.

  5. #5
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default replacing citori firing pin/springs

    Quote Originally Posted by Superx View Post
    Call Vince at Precision Arms in Anchorage. (907) 279-5755

    He specializes in shotgun work and knows the Citori better than most.
    Thanks...good to know!

    I have a trapshooter friend who has done this routinely, who is going to help me.

    Some instructions on the web:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFjp47LvfE

    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...ace+citori+pin


    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...261153&start=0

  6. #6
    Member Bsj425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunner2012 View Post
    Can you recommend a gunsmith I can ship to? I'd hate to spend another $190 for failure again...

    Thanks.


    cough gunbugs cough lol, gunbugs is a gunsmith.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    we are the factory service center for browning for a reason. If we cant do it, Browning can.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,602

    Default

    Its a easy fix as most pins are good for around fifty thousand shells
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •