Thread: Air boating is the only way to go !!

Default Air boating is the only way to go !!

My hewes craft jet boat has sat all year "ready to go", but I have so much fun running my air boat, I'm thinking of selling my jet boat!

They can be addicting. Where do you usually run. And what do you have. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by captain k View Post
    My hewes craft jet boat has sat all year "ready to go", but I have so much fun running my air boat, I'm thinking of selling my jet boat!
    I know what you mean. I ran my Wooldridge for the first time in months this weekend. Mainly because I needed to run fuel stabilizer through it before putting it away for the winter.

I have an 20' panther airboat with a Chevy 502/502hp and 2 counter rotating props. She handles so nicely, with plenty of get-up and go when I need it! I don't have a cab or windshield yet, but one thing at a time. I am still learning what it will do, so I'm baby'n it a little. I like being able to go slow or even just stop if I want to , and then go again! So different from my 24 years of jet boats. Living in Fairbanks, I have mostly been up the salcha and tananna, however I just went up the Ivishak and had a blast, gained experience, got a caribou , and did it safely with no problems. The tricky part was the first couple miles to the main channel and finding my way back. My wife held the gps and helped a lot ! A lot of rocks, not much water, a few broken jet units and a couple stranded jet boats that we warned not to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by captain k View Post
    I have an 20' panther airboat with a Chevy 502/502hp and 2 counter rotating props. She handles so nicely, with
    plenty of get-up and go when I need it! I don't have a cab or windshield yet, but one thing at a time. I am still learning what it will do, so I'm
    baby'n it a little. I like being able to go slow or even just stop if I want to , and then go again! So different from my 24 years of jet boats. Living in Fairbanks, I have mostly been up the salcha and tananna, however I just went up the Ivishak and had a blast, gained experience, got a caribou , and did it safely with no problems. The tricky part was the first couple miles to the main channel and finding my way back. My wife held the gps and helped a lot ! A lot of rocks, not much water, a few broken jet units and a couple stranded jet boats that we warned not to try it!
    We have a friend on the Iveshak now, went up last monday, you may have run into him, he was in a airboat also. Do you know Skip up in N pole, if you don't you should meet him. He can set you up with a nice cab and be warm next trip north, or for winter riding. Be careful, i threw a ladyl out of mine last week, lucky she didn't break anything. It's a real learning experience. Also, if you are not aware of it, go on www.Southernairboat.com lots of help there for airboaters no matter where they are located. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    We have a friend on the Iveshak now, went up last monday, you may have run into him, he was in a airboat also. Do you know Skip up in N pole, if you don't you should meet him. He can set you up with a nice cab and be warm next trip north, or for winter riding. Be careful, i threw a ladyl out of mine last week, lucky she didn't break anything. It's a real learning experience. Also, if you are not aware of it, go on www.Southernairboat.com lots of help there for airboaters no matter where they are located. Bud
    Bud,
    I will have to hear this story, of how you threw a lady out of your boat. Unless she was standing up outside or you threw her out sideways. Either way sounds like a story I want to hear.. Jim