Thread: Public Admission of float rudder guilt

Default Public Admission of float rudder guilt

On Sept 9, 2012 I Float Pilot flew around (while breaking in a new cylinder, piston, exhaust gaskets and oil sump gasket) for 2.5 hours with my float rudder down and I even made one landing that way....(X-winds) Further that Mark Munro of Stellar Air caught me, since Iwas orbiting the lake low enough for all to see my blunder .....

I hang my head in shame...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Water rudders down on takeoff or landing at Lake Hood and you buy a case of beer for the annual wintertime Lake Hood air taxi party. There is never a shortage of beer for this annual event. Someone always sees the culprit.

Having them down for a cross wind take-off is OK and in my plane required... But the rivets do not like the smack when landing due to the sudden impact kicking it / them against the stops.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    On Sept 9, 2012 I Float Pilot flew around (while breaking in a new cylinder, piston, exhaust gaskets and oil sump gasket) for 2.5 hours with my float rudder down and I even made one landing that way....(X-winds) Further that Mark Munro of Stellar Air caught me, since Iwas orbiting the lake low enough for all to see my blunder .....

I hang my head in shame...
    If a floatplane pilot tells you that he's never done that, give him fify demerits for lying !!!!!