Thread: Local dog trainers

Default Local dog trainers

Looking to get my two puppies trained up. I'll be hunting mostly upland and go back to SD regularly during pheasant season to hunt. I'm wondering what trainers you all would recommend locally. I would like to get the dogs out to SD next year and maybe out locally here this year yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

You need to contact Bob at Northern Pet Care out on the CHS rd. He might also have some homing pigeons to help you.

Jim

Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed your book as well. I grew up hunting grouse on the iron range and my dad is from Redfield so I've been spoiled growing up. Im finding out its a lot more work up here. I'm sure I'll get my boys into em sooner or later. By the way are those neoprene shoes and coats necessary for hunting birds in late fall early winter up here? Anyone use them on their dogs?

Glad you enjoyed my book! And, no, I don't put neoprene on my dogs at all. Their feet are toughened up from roading all summer and hunting the rest of the year. Keep at it, you'll find plenty of birds.

Jim