Thread: Fns-9

Default Fns-9

I took a break from cleaning the garage today and headed to a new gunshop S of town that has opened recently. The young fella had just unboxed a couple of the new FNS-9s. I fondled one for a while and then the young dealer handed me a loaded magazine and said to go out back and make some noise.

The gun felt great in my hand, pointed well and shot a tight group. The gun came in two tone, with night sights and three 17 round magazines. It also has a changeable backstrap for large and small hands. The safety and mag release are both suitable to lefties as well as us right handed guys. The trigger pull was on par with the my Glocks and the FNS-9 fit in my model 17 Fobus paddle holster like it was made for it. The very best part of all is the inscription on the frame that says "MADE IN USA".........$550 dollars and a little paper work later and I wore it home.

I would highly recommend this 9mm to anyone who is in the market for a home grown carry gun.

nice little gun for a plastic one

Yep, I have one and it is a great gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    nice little gun for a plastic one
    How about that a compliment and an insult at the same time. I'm not sure where your going with "for a plastic one" but the best ones I've owned were plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I took a break from cleaning the garage today and headed to a new gunshop S of town that has opened recently. The young fella had just unboxed a couple of the new FNS-9s. I fondled one for a while and then the young dealer handed me a loaded magazine and said to go out back and make some noise.

The gun felt great in my hand, pointed well and shot a tight group. The gun came in two tone, with night sights and three 17 round magazines. It also has a changeable backstrap for large and small hands. The safety and mag release are both suitable to lefties as well as us right handed guys. The trigger pull was on par with the my Glocks and the FNS-9 fit in my model 17 Fobus paddle holster like it was made for it. The very best part of all is the inscription on the frame that says "MADE IN USA".........$550 dollars and a little paper work later and I wore it home.

I would highly recommend this 9mm to anyone who is in the market for a home grown carry gun.
    Does the FNS-9 come in a black tupperware tub; like it's competetion ?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

How about that a compliment and an insult at the same time. I'm not sure where your going with "for a plastic one" but the best ones I've owned were plastic!
    It means what it means. Nothing wrong with a plastic gun it you acknowledge what if is...solely a tool. Me, I prefer my tools to have not only intrinsic beauty, but investment value. No plastic gun has either of the latter.

And plastic guns are not in and of themselves "better" than a comparable metal ones in the tool category. That depends on the man behind the gun. Id take my 8 shot SIG 210 at 100 yards against 4 gangbangers with Glocks ...and Im a big target!

It means what it means. Nothing wrong with a plastic gun it you acknowledge what if is...solely a tool. Me, I prefer my tools to have not only intrinsic beauty, but investment value. No plastic gun has either of the latter.

And plastic guns are not in and of themselves "better" than a comparable metal ones in the tool category. That depends on the man behind the gun. Id take my 8 shot SIG 210 at 100 yards against 4 gangbangers with Glocks ...and Im a big target!
    You were probably drinking some fancy wine out of a box as you typed that didn't you??? I take my 629 smith against you and your 8 shot sig.... You and your Euro trash **** probably drive a VW don't you LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    You were probably drinking some fancy wine out of a box as you typed that didn't you??? I take my 629 smith against you and your 8 shot sig.... You and your Euro trash **** probably drive a VW don't you LOL...
    You guys are breaking the rules, "NEVER take a pistol to a gun fight". Pistols are for knife fights and allow you enough time to get to a real gun behind the truck seat.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    LOL

Ford actually

LOL

Ford actually
    LOL you alright in my books then!

Be careful EKC, you done got run outa Missouri already and looks like your a fixen to get tarred and feathered in Alaska now!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Call me when your fords need pulled out, I have a Toyota with a plastic BRAZILIAN gun under the seat that I can't hit a sheet of plywood with!!!

I have handle one of those myself and find it to be a pretty good fit and an easy to shoot pistol. It is quite typical of the striker fired polymer guns and if it is as reliable as the FN P/X I'd say it is a good one. They are ambidextrous with most functions and seem to be reliable but I've fired only a couple rounds through one. I too like that "Made in USA" stamped on them.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

That depends on the gangbanger. Your assuming that gangbangers can't shoot! We have a gang in Iowa City, Iowa that is made up of pissed off ex Marine special opps personal. I'm thinkin someone might need to order an oversized casket! Never under estimate your opponent!

That depends on the gangbanger. Your assuming that gangbangers can't shoot! We have a gang in Iowa City, Iowa that is made up of pissed off ex Marine special opps personal. I'm thinkin someone might need to order an oversized casket! Never under estimate your opponent!
    Sorry my Karma does not entail facing off armed ex Marine gangbangers. However if they show up here in Anch I can ask my buddies who have Fed written on their windbreakers to take care of them.

And Id probably even still take my SIG 210 vs them. A glock is still a Glock

I had a 9mm FNP. It was a good gun but I sold it to fund a different project.

I keep a glock in my pickup because I could care less if the soulless plastic tool ever gets stolen.

I also have a sig 210 but drive a Chevrolet