Thread: About time to pull your shrimp pots from PWS

Default About time to pull your shrimp pots from PWS

Just a reminder... shrimp season is just about over. Time to go pull those pots. You don't want the Troopers to do it for you as they will send you a ticket if they pull em.

Also don't forget to return your shrimp permits, I like to take mine in and get a receipt for it so there is no question for next year.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Just to confirm that we have until next Saturday the 15th at Midnight to have all pots out of the water correct.

I just pulled mine twice today. 14 gallons of shrimp were in them.

That sounds like a nice haul! I am hoping this next week will prove to be good weather with better fishing. Has anyone been picking up any silvers in the passage area??

Yes you have until the 15th, but I would not leave them out and depend on the weather to be good enough to go get them. The Troopers will pull them and fine you something like $100 a pot for leaving them out, plus if you want them back you have to go get them wherever the troopers leave them. I know if you have pots out you don't think you can go get that there is at least one guy on Craigslist offering to pull pots for you.. I am not sure on the legalities of that, but he is offering.

Nice haul there Soundfisher, seems like the shrimping is getting better later in the summer. I know last time I was out I got about what you did in two pulls as well.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the tip JR. Are you all fishing up in blackstone?

Default Re: About time to pull your shrimp pots from PWS

Nope I am on the slope working till after shrimp close. Going to try for some silvers later in the month.

But if I can was shrimping that is where I would be.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2

I will be sure to give it a shot this week. I am headed home on 132 in a couple hours so I will lead the way!!

I'm glad that somebody is doing well shrimping. Fishing 5 pots last weekend, one overnight soak and then about a 5-hour soak and got maybe 1 gallon total for the two pulls. Same area where a couple of years ago I used to get 1 gallon per pot per pull. Fished north end of Perry Island, north entrance to Culross Passage, and then entrance of Cochran for halibut Saturday and not a bite. Radio chatter sounded pretty pitiful for silvers. Started winterizing my boat yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    I'm glad that somebody is doing well shrimping. Fishing 5 pots last weekend, one overnight soak and then about a 5-hour soak and got maybe 1 gallon total for the two pulls. Same area where a couple of years ago I used to get 1 gallon per pot per pull. Fished north end of Perry Island, north entrance to Culross Passage, and then entrance of Cochran for halibut Saturday and not a bite. Radio chatter sounded pretty pitiful for silvers. Started winterizing my boat yesterday.
    I have had about the same luck as you this year. It has been dismal. The commercial boys demolished my regular spot last year. I just found a new spot (Thanks to a very generous friend) that produces as well as the last one did. Ended up with 36#s of tails on two pulls. Not too bad for a days work.

Hey Soundfisher, was that you that pulled into three fingers cove a couple weeks ago and went way to the head of the middle finger and anchored up?? I was the Kingfisher you passed going in there if it was you.

If any of you hear about any Silvers out there let me know, I get home on the 18th and need to find some or all I will be eating this winter is shrimp..

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Hey Soundfisher, was that you that pulled into three fingers cove a couple weeks ago and went way to the head of the middle finger and anchored up?? I was the Kingfisher you passed going in there if it was you.

If any of you hear about any Silvers out there let me know, I get home on the 18th and need to find some or all I will be eating this winter is shrimp..
    No, not me. I haven't been in three fingers in several years. It really is a nice place to stay and hike though. Shrimping used to be not half bad down that way also.

Soundfisher, how deep were those pods?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    Soundfisher, how deep were those pods?
    I was about 350' and flat. Very different than what I usually do. Guess I should try some different things more often!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Glad I didn't wait till Saturday to pull the pots. It's gonna get a tad bumpy out there this weekend!!!

JR2.....

Will trade shrimp for halibut..lb for lb.

Dad