Thread: fall so far...

Default fall so far...

had ralph and vicki cianciarulo out during the last ten days of august for a float hunt for brown bear. the weather was too clear, the moon bright and the hunting hard with alot of nocturnal activity on the bears part. i managed to round up an eight footer for vicki in the end though, and will post pics of that at a later date. the hunt will air on their show The Choice on the outdoor channel sometime this year. theyre outstanding people...i was really impressed at their humbleness, and appreciation for the game and the resource. they really do love to hunt, and i commend them both for staying in the hunting business for the right reasons.

my first september moose/grizzly combo went off well, with a dandy bull (232 bc) and a northwest grizzly going a hair shy of eight foot. Dan Cabela was my client.

i got done a little early, and got a shower and some laundry done ....gotta love that! off to my next bear/bull combo today.

have fun out there guys, hunt hard, and good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

such a small moose.. i think you should have passed on that one great looking hunt to me! well done

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Default fall so far...

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    had ralph and vicki cianciarulo out during the last ten days of august for a float hunt for brown bear. the weather was too clear, the moon bright and the hunting hard with alot of nocturnal activity on the bears part. i managed to round up an eight footer for vicki in the end though, and will post pics of that at a later date. the hunt will air on their show The Choice on the outdoor channel sometime this year. theyre outstanding people...i was really impressed at their humbleness, and appreciation for the game and the resource. they really do love to hunt, and i commend them both for staying in the hunting business for the right reasons.

my first september moose/grizzly combo went off well, with a dandy bull (232 bc) and a northwest grizzly going a hair shy of eight foot. Dan Cabela was my client.

i got done a little early, and got a shower and some laundry done ....gotta love that! off to my next bear/bull combo today.

have fun out there guys, hunt hard, and good luck!
    What was the measurements on that moose? That thing is a monster!

Those are some Fine Animals down, for sure

Good Job, Nine,

One Gets the Impression, you are a fairly cool guy to spend time with out there,...

it's the part of a long and grinding hunt, either as a Guide, or Client of a hired guide,
    where patience and determination are required in heavy dosages,.... that seems a real challenge of Character versus Expectations, etc.

these photgraphic results, speak volumes, beyond the beautiful critter down, it's the extreme terrain behind

that has me imagining what it really took to get that animal on the grass, (you know, before the scope covers ever come off)

So, once again,..... Nice Work
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Congrat's Zack, That had to be fun with Ralph and Vicki, they always seem to make a comedy show along with hunting. Seen them at the Harrisburg show but they were covered up by fan's. Always enjoy watching them.

Beautiful Bear and love the width of the palms.

Keeping the family tradition alive and doing an outstanding job.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    What was the measurements on that moose? That thing is a monster!
    right horn:

width of palm 20
    lenth of palm 40 1/4
    circum of smallest beam 8 3/4

left horn:
    8 1/4

16 points on one side 15 on the other

Default fall so far...

right horn:

width of palm 20
    lenth of palm 40 1/4
    circum of smallest beam 8 3/4

left horn:
    8 1/4

16 points on one side 15 on the other
    Nice! What was the spread?

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    Nice! What was the spread?
    63...while not small, that was his weakness...but a really nice cup and fold to his horns that helped his palm width measurements(measured from around the back of horn)..

Default fall so far...

63...while not small, that was his weakness...but a really nice cup and fold to his horns that helped his palm width measurements(measured from around the back of horn)..
    Right on! Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your next trip. Stay safe out there.

Zack, thanks for the pics. Ralph and Vicki gotta be fun to hunt with.
    Godspeed

Fred

Looks like your fall is shaping up pretty good and you have had some great clients, good job!

Great hunt. I followed it on FB with Ralph and Vicki on their page. They are top notch in my book. We got a box of hunting DVD's from them here in Afghanistan. Definitely some of the greatest people you could meet or know in the hunting community. Thanks for showing them a great time.

Zack, looks like your hunt with RAlph and Vic will air the 29th if im ready it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice animals and comments ninefoot! Hopefully the packing jobs were not toooo far!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    Zack, looks like your hunt with RAlph and Vic will air the 29th if im ready it right.
    wow...just got back from the field. finally done for the season. its been a long one, but a good one for myself, my clients, and the outfit i work for. had no idea ralph and vic where gonna air it so soon. didnt even know it'd be out till late winter. i'll check on the dates and get back to ya on that one.