Thread: mercruiser sterndrive upper assembly

Default mercruiser sterndrive upper assembly

Can anyone point me in the right direction on buying a mercruiser sterndrive upper gear assembly. The one on the boat has stripped gears and shavings all over. After doing some research on prices im going to buy the upper assembly. Just need alittle help. Thanks Chris

Can't help ya on parts, maybe try Odie's in anchorage but make sure to flush out the lower unit of the drive of all those fine shavings and particles of metal or you'll be buying another drive in short time. Now if it was a volvo drive i've got the only guy to touch one and he lives in your town.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I talked to odie's and hes gone for 2 weeks moose hunting. But he was very helpful and gave me an estimated price from one he just did. Buying the upper unit assembly is alot cheaper than rebuilding.

Marine services in Homer has the best Mercruiser parts and service in Ak.
    They are Alaska's oldest Mercury dealer. They have always treated me right and they beat other shops prices hand down.
    They rebuild outdrives all the time and really seem to know their stuff.
    They have fixed mine in the past and did a good job for a fair price. They seem to keep a good stock of parts on hand and will also order whatever you need. They don't mind shipping parts either.
    I am not affiliated with them but have used them a few times and was very satisfied.
    http://www.marineservicesofalaska.com/
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Alpha or Bravo ? I have a bravo kickin around here someplace

alpha one. Homer is aloong drive for me. But I should give them a call and see how easy/hard it is to do myself.

Give Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake a call. I've had them do lots of work for me and they've always done a good job.

Do you have a name and phone# for them? I called twice and was told that the mechanic works on his time and will get back to me. Still haven't heard from anybody. I guess they have all the business they want... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I'm sure they are plenty busy this time of the year winterizing boats. Seems like I remember the mechanic's weekend off being Monday and Tuesday or something like that. Did you talk to someone or just leave a message?

I did talk to someone there. I left my name and phone #. Called back 4 days later and again, left my info. No reply. That was about 2 months ago when I first called them... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"