Thread: Silvers from shore in Seward yet?

Default Silvers from shore in Seward yet?

Folks,

I have a brother and nephews arriving today from Lower 48 and they really want to catch some silvers. We can afford 1 day of charter fishing (already arranged), but would love to pick up some extra silvers from shore. Is anyone catching them yet from shore in Seward, or in the river near Seward? I've never tried silvers from shore in Seward, so any additional hints on locations and gear would also be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Greatland (aka, Denny)

Anybody? It would be nice to fill the emtpy spots in the freezer if the fish are around for snagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Anybody? It would be nice to fill the emtpy spots in the freezer if the fish are around for snagging.
    I would call the ice house in seward. They r usually willing to give the fishing status.

Nobody was snagging at the usual spots when I was down there this weekend. We had to get up early on Sunday so we didn't try. Only saw some zombie pinks swimming around.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Did you already go to Seward?

Seward Silvers are possible from shore...got a limit yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dmahay View Post
    Seward Silvers are possible from shore...got a limit yesterday.
    Was that at McDonalds, or the waterfall, or???
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    Was that at McDonalds, or the waterfall, or???
    You know there`s no McDonald`s there! Mmmmm McDonald`s gut bomb sounds good...been a while.

My buddy has seen Silvers in the harbor this last week during tide swaps when the water is clear in the top 5'.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Thanks guys ... went to Seward for combo charter, but no salmon to be had ... did get a monster lingcod though! We checked out "the culvert" in Seward but there were just a few zombies around. Did a half-day charter on lower Kenai, and my brother got 1 megasilver (16 lbs!), but that was the only fish caught. Spent a coupe days chasing silvers in other Kenai locations and came up empty. Struggling for where to go. Oh well, ... I'll share some of my summer wealth (dipnetted reds) with the visiting family & let them take those home. Bummer though to not do more catching.

Salmon Creek

Actually, he's not asking about the store, he's asking about the for-fee parking area off Nash Rd at the mouth of the Resurrection River.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    You know there`s no McDonald`s there! Mmmmm McDonald`s gut bomb sounds good...been a while.

My buddy has seen Silvers in the harbor this last week during tide swaps when the water is clear in the top 5'.
    So, was that a yes to Nash rd? Seems no one is going crazy getting silvers here yet...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammyrs View Post
    So, was that a yes to Nash rd? Seems no one is going crazy getting silvers here yet...?
    This thread is from 2012, you may not get much follow up, you might want to start a new one for this year.

I heard 1z, 2z. Over abour a week, not much yet, but I haven't been there myself. So not positive.

I'm in seward right now, fished from shore at the RV park in town, no luck but saw a couple jumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished off Miller's Landing to Tonsina Creek Sunday from the Kayak. I hooked and lost one. Another kayaker landed one. I saw one other boat hooked up. So they are fairly close in but not in any numbers I would call productive. Historically for me, I don't seem to catch fish from the shore until the last week of August or first week of Septmeber in any decent numbers in Seward.