Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Looking for a double limit trip this Sunday for 4

  1. #1

    Default Looking for a double limit trip this Sunday for 4

    Anybody know of any double limit boats still going out? There is 4 of us that wants to go out on Sunday/Monday. I tried Coastal Marine in Homer and they are done for the year. A few other places wanted an arm and a leg. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    You could save one day, Just go with Josh on the Huntress you will end up with more fish then you would on most charters in two days here in Homer!! Josh can be reached at 399-3775 give him a call it will be worth your time!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    ...you will end up with more fish then you would on most charters in two days here in Homer!!
    Man, I'd love to know how you can end up with a two day limit if you're only fishing one day! I guess you're saying if you go out on a "two day" charter you won't catch quality fish? Kind of like I was saying in the thread regarding the same thing?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    No just saying that Josh is just that much better!! Never said you could get a two day limit in one day, but with Josh you will end up with twice the meat in one day. Nothing like you were saying in the other thread. When I used the words "more fish" I was referring to the amount of weight of fish, sorry. When the huntress comes in most of the time Josh will offload over 250lbs of fillets. That works out to around a 40lb average!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    No just saying that Josh is just that much better!! Never said you could get a two day limit in one day, but with Josh you will end up with twice the meat in one day. Nothing like you were saying in the other thread. When I used the words "more fish" I was referring to the amount of weight of fish, sorry. When the huntress comes in most of the time Josh will offload over 250lbs of fillets. That works out to around a 40lb average!
    Hmmmm. One day overnight trips are great (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1167882). Then this: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1165969. What should a person believe!? What I said in the other thread is that you need to "do your homework" in picking an overnight trip. You seemed to take it personally and started telling everyone how wonderful overnighters can be. Now you're saying that this person would be better off going out with someone on a single day trip because they'll get more total weight of fish. Why not tell them that in the other thread!?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Hmmmm. One day overnight trips are great (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1167882). Then this: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1165969. What should a person believe!? What I said in the other thread is that you need to "do your homework" in picking an overnight trip. You seemed to take it personally and started telling everyone how wonderful overnighters can be. Now you're saying that this person would be better off going out with someone on a single day trip because they'll get more total weight of fish. Why not tell them that in the other thread!?
    Because Josh was still gone commercial fishing in the sound and I did not know if he was going to be running any trips. Josh can be reached at 907-399-3775. I do not take anything personally that you say. I still beleve that an overnight trip beats what the majority of the charters bring back to the dock. ADF&G just stated that the charter average this year was only 13lbs in Cook Inlet and that is very sad. If you would like you can PM me and not drag this down like other threads, OK.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Sounds like Josh put some smoke on the water!!! If you don't like gun shots or powder smoke put in ear plugs and hold your nose!

  8. #8

    Default

    We went out with capt Dave Bayes of Deep Strike. We did single day combo. Limit if Halibut, limit of rock fish and 9 feeder kings! It was awesome. He is a great capt. Josh was busy but referred us to Deep Strike. We ended up with 250lbsu of fillets including a white king!

  9. #9

    Default

    MGH55 - you are a patient man.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Sounds like Josh put some smoke on the water!!! If you don't like gun shots or powder smoke put in ear plugs and hold your nose!
    I saw Josh fishing by himself today and sure didn't hear any gun shots. Hmmmmm.....
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Not many people shoot Salmon! If you do more power to you. Joshs is working on the pic from yesterday.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Not many people shoot Salmon! If you do more power to you. Joshs is working on the pic from yesterday.
    Not quite sure why someone has to "work" on a pic. Sounds like Photoshop to me. And what does "Joshs is working..." mean?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Man you know how to dig a hole!!! I don't get it Mutt. You say things that just don't make any sense. Josh is the only charter capt I ever called to see if he had his fish hanging on his boat before I pulled into the dock. Not that I had a bad average my last three years, just over 40lbs. To say that Josh would ever need to Photoshop justs shows how much you don't know.

  14. #14
    Charterboat Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Homer Alaska
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Man you know how to dig a hole!!! I don't get it Mutt. You say things that just don't make any sense. Josh is the only charter capt I ever called to see if he had his fish hanging on his boat before I pulled into the dock. Not that I had a bad average my last three years, just over 40lbs. To say that Josh would ever need to Photoshop justs shows how much you don't know.
    Dude......................You guy's are killin me................

  15. #15
    Charterboat Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Homer Alaska
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Dude......................You guy's are killin me................
    Attachment 63356Attachment 63357 These fish were taken aboard the Huntress day before yesterday!!! Fishing for halibut in the islands is hot rite now!! round 40 to 80lb average with some bigger and some smaller!! Shark fishing in the channel is also hot!! hooked up four in two trips and decided to boat this male on the last trip, bout a 300lber. not to big not to small but one hell of a fight!! fish came twice it's body length out of the water on one jump and landed on his back!! Have shark halibut combo tomorrow, then we can finally start putting some time in on the king's, hope the weather let's me get back down to these guy's again!! Good luck, be safe

  16. #16
    Member Soundfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Muttley; "Not quite sure why someone has to "work" on a pic. Sounds like Photoshop to me. And what does "Joshs is working..." mean?"

    Muttley; "Hmmmm. One day overnight trips are great (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1167882). Then this: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1165969. What should a person believe!? What I said in the other thread is that you need to "do your homework" in picking an overnight trip. You seemed to take it personally and started telling everyone how wonderful overnighters can be. Now you're saying that this person would be better off going out with someone on a single day trip because they'll get more total weight of fish. Why not tell them that in the other thread!?"

    Muttley;"Man, I'd love to know how you can end up with a two day limit if you're only fishing one day! I guess you're saying if you go out on a "two day" charter you won't catch quality fish? Kind of like I was saying in the thread regarding the same thing?"


    Thanks Muttley for your useful and valuable input on this post.

  17. #17

    Default

    It is relatively simple. What he was saying is Josh likes to keep a bit larger fish then the chickens most double limit trips take. I was looking for a charter for last Monday and Josh referred me to who I went with because he was booked. I spoke with Josh on the phone for a decent amount of time and he was very helpful. This thread was hi-jacked and turned into something it shouldn't have been. Muttley, you are not doing yourself any favors here. Now leave it be, the charter was awesome and I can thank Josh for his refferal to Capt. Bayes.
    Homer.jpg

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Muttley; "Not quite sure why someone has to "work" on a pic. Sounds like Photoshop to me. And what does "Joshs is working..." mean?"

    Muttley; "Hmmmm. One day overnight trips are great (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1167882). Then this: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=1#post1165969. What should a person believe!? What I said in the other thread is that you need to "do your homework" in picking an overnight trip. You seemed to take it personally and started telling everyone how wonderful overnighters can be. Now you're saying that this person would be better off going out with someone on a single day trip because they'll get more total weight of fish. Why not tell them that in the other thread!?"

    Muttley;"Man, I'd love to know how you can end up with a two day limit if you're only fishing one day! I guess you're saying if you go out on a "two day" charter you won't catch quality fish? Kind of like I was saying in the thread regarding the same thing?"


    Thanks Muttley for your useful and valuable input on this post.
    You are very welcome!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreambornFishing View Post
    It is relatively simple. What he was saying is Josh likes to keep a bit larger fish then the chickens most double limit trips take. I was looking for a charter for last Monday and Josh referred me to who I went with because he was booked. I spoke with Josh on the phone for a decent amount of time and he was very helpful. This thread was hi-jacked and turned into something it shouldn't have been. Muttley, you are not doing yourself any favors here. Now leave it be, the charter was awesome and I can thank Josh for his refferal to Capt. Bayes.
    Homer.jpg
    Oh I know perfectly well what MGH was saying. In his replies to the "Overnight Charters" thread he said they are the best thing in the world to do and admonished me for saying that you need to "do your homework" to find a good overnight charter. Then he totally conflicted what he said by saying that Josh could get you more in one day than any overnighter could. So which is correct? Is the overnight better as MGH would have you believe, or is it better to go on a single day? Hmmmmmm......????? Yes, once again someone "hijacked" a thread for their own purposes and I get blamed for it. LOL!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    What I am saying is that a over night double limit is better then a full day charter, unless you can go with Josh Brooks on the Huntress. Daved Bayes is also one of the only charters that do as well. Dave is one of the top two KING KILLERS in Homer, and is one outstanding halibut fisherman. That is just the facts. Dont try to twist things Muttley!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •