Thread: Halibut fishing in Seward, old school

Default Halibut fishing in Seward, old school

Hey there last minute halibut fishing fans, I had a trip very recently and decided to stay close to home and give it a trip. We ended up a little short of a limit, like 15 halibut for a group of 9 fishermen but they were all very nice fish 50 - 205 pounds and it was all within sight of Cape Resurrection( 3 - 10 miles). I fished three areas for a couple of hours in each area and there were nice fish at each spot. Depth ranged from 300 - 350 feet. Might be worth a trip during the coming week, when the weather is going to get better.
    Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    ...when the weather is going to get better.
    That sure covers a big sweep of geography right now, doesn't it. Supposed to take friends out today, but at 7 it was already hitting the top of the 10-25 westerly forecast over here. And more to come for the next few days. Time to step into the waders and play on the rivers, I guess.

I am leaving for PWS shortly. I have posted several times before that often my largest fish are caught in September fishing 300'. I was looking at some old pics last night and I have caught at least 5 fish between 150 and 200+ pounds in Sept. just in the last few years. I usually get 1 or 2 days in before the boat gets put up. I sure hope that proves true this trip. If not, hopefully the shrimping will go out with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    That sure covers a big sweep of geography right now, doesn't it. Supposed to take friends out today, but at 7 it was already hitting the top of the 10-25 westerly forecast over here. And more to come for the next few days. Time to step into the waders and play on the rivers, I guess.
    A few more days and I will be right there with you!

Default Re: Halibut fishing in Seward, old school

I had the pleasure of being on the mentioned trip. It was probably the best grade of fish I have seen on a trip. As usual, Andy and Jeff worked their tails off to get us in to good fishing, and that is why I book only with Crackerjack!

Robert

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2