View Poll Results: How many "new to you" areas did you scout this year

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I barely get time off for hunting season!)

4 20.00%
  • 1-5

15 75.00%
  • 6-10

0 0%
  • more than 10

1 5.00%

Thread: How many new areas did you scout this year?

Default How many new areas did you scout this year?

I am curious how many new areas folks are getting out and scouting. Personally I explored 6 brand new "to me" areas this summer.

I scouted three new areas for sheep while using topos, Google, the forum, people, and everyones favorite Google Earth. Not to many sheep in this part of Afghanistan.

I honestly have not done much true scouting in the past, just used the same methods I mentioned above and then go all out and made it happen. There is one spot I want to take a look at next summer though.

oh man I put zero on the poll but just realized that I did do a scouting trip this year (goat, found out the way I planned on going up this mountain was not going to work!).

mostly I use google earth or mapsource (five miles off the haul road) I would like to scout more, but there are fish that need to be caught in the summer.

No scouting for me either, just make a plan, get there, and go! Usually works out!

Another technique is to let your friends do all the leg work then you just show up once they have the animal tied to the tree for you. The key in this situation is to not let the animal go or your friends will get mad at you for teaching the animal bad habits, like what people are and what guns are. northway gets a little upset when you teach his bears lessons like that. Twice in one day is even worse, you end up having to sleep on the couch with two friendly chocolate labs and you get no more offers of cold Coors Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Another technique is to let your friends do all the leg work then you just show up once they have the animal tied to the tree for you. The key in this situation is to not let the animal go or your friends will get mad at you for teaching the animal bad habits, like what people are and what guns are. northway gets a little upset when you teach his bears lessons like that. Twice in one day is even worse, you end up having to sleep on the couch with two friendly chocolate labs and you get no more offers of cold Coors Lite.
    LOL! They labs are there to keep you warm! Must have run out of beer!! I did the same to mod elan by teaching a bear that hunters are bad and they just make loud noises when they shoot!

I guess you cold count my online scouting, but I usually just look at the winds, then get on google and see where I'm gonna get a deer today. Usually my scouting is hunting trips.