Thread: Tofty Road

Default Tofty Road

anyone have any info on Tofty? Some friends invited me to stay at there cabin and hunt moose there. They havent hunted at all but told me they have seen a few.

It's crowded out there.

Also a lot of DOYON Land no trespassing signs

Quote Originally Posted by Dabigmoose View Post
    Also a lot of DOYON Land no trespassing signs
    Tanana road the last 20 miles to the Yukon River all the land on both sides mostly native land
    Tozitna and Doyon land go to tozitna village corp website. Things are going to Interesting out here the next few years lots of new no tresspassing signs and no hunting just Dandy = SAD TOFTY AREA AROUND THE MINE IS ON DOYON LAND JUST ASK DOUG BAKER HE MINES IT. Make sure you look at the doyon map at his mine. Bean ridge native corp has most of tofty road closes to manly.

I use to hunt out there in the mid 90's with my dad when no one but the locals knew about all the moose. We harvested a lot of moose and bears out of there including many 60 inch bulls. It use to be a pretty remote stretch of land back there but not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone run bear baits out that way? I know its pretty far, but I think it would be nice to get away from all the chaos around Fairbanks

We use to bait bears out that way in the 90's and then in 2005-2006 I baited out there and it wasn't worth anything. In the 90's that whole area was great for every species, now I wouldn't drive out there if someone paid me. To many people not enough animals but thinking about the old days when it was just my dad and I hunting out there and the Neubauger let us stay in their old cabin brings a smile to my face every time.

Alaska of yesteryear brings a smile to my face too.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Jack Neubauger sold everything to Doug Baker and its a fairly big mining operation now . There was a lot of Bear Baiting done around that area not many of them around now and since the big fire the best bet is prob the older burn area around livingood area. Tofty road is really burned on the new cut and the parts that are not are mostly village corp Tozitna / Doyon lands. Also a lot of active mining going on not many Bears. Also the state auction about 300 acres divide in numerous 5 to 15 acre lots and the all sold as private property on the road at mile 13 to 15. so yes its a crowd there now.