Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Open Seat/Looking for a Hunting Partner

Default New to Fairbanks

Hello all I am new to the Fairbanks area would love to find a hunting partner to go with. I also have a 14 year old son that I like to bring along with me. Would love for him to get a caribou. If anyone wants or needs a hunting partner let me know. Thank you for your time.

I would enjoy the company of a ENG and a perfect hunt to bring a kid on but there is a 50% chance im already going with your commander cuz there are only 2 ENG companies in fairbanks...... so sorry man. that whole army fraternization thing. hahaha just get out there and give it a go.
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by engsapper View Post
    Hello all I am new to the Fairbanks area would love to find a hunting partner to go with. I also have a 14 year old son that I like to bring along with me. Would love for him to get a caribou. If anyone wants or needs a hunting partner let me know. Thank you for your time.
    There is noway to contact you, can you add contact information?

Looking for someone to hunt Mountain goats in the DG347 Seward area. Friend hurt his back moose hunting. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    Looking for someone to hunt Mountain goats in the DG347 Seward area. Friend hurt his back moose hunting. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks
    I'll go it you still need someone. I have never hunted goat before. I live in Houston, work in Palmer...

Matt
    425-231-9604
    I moved up here from Washington in 2014 and never bothered to get my number changed.

personal email is msta999@hotmail.com

Turns out two other buddies stepped up. Thanks msta999.

I'm out with a broken leg had a trip for deer and goat to Kodiak with a group. Stay in a lodge 7 nights $1500, about $600 for Seahawk transport. You'd have to meet the other guys going. If your interested let me know 11-18 NOV. Very good area and been very successful in the past.

Hello to All
    I am currently looking for a reliable sheep hunting partner for August 2018. Emphasis on reliable
    This is proving to be a daunting task. They say finding a reliable sheep hunting partner is harder than finding a wife and that is proving to be a very true statement.
    I have multiple sheep hunts planned that usually require 10-14 days with a couple of them being floats which I have all the rafts and gear for.
    I am a doer not a talker and if you are the same way I would love to hear from you. I go the extra mile to find areas that are rarely accessed and this means more work but in return more reward I.M.O.
    If interested please send me a Personal message at bellbz6052@gmail.com
    Thanks

Hello gentlemen. My previous two sheep hunting partners are unable to hunt this year, so I am in search of a sheep hunting partner for August 2018. Just as a disclaimer so no one thinks that I am a jerk that no one wants to hunt with, I'll give a brief description why I am currently without a hunting partner. My last two hunting partners were found on this forum. The first forum partner and I hit it off and did two Brooks Range fly-out sheep hunts. He was unable to hunt last year due to unemployment, and can't this year due to new employment (****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't). My partner from last year can't hunt this year due to a previously planned out-of-state get-away with his wife (much needed after a brand new baby). I had loosely planned to partner up with another forum member, but waited to make solid plans until after the draw results were released. Well, that fell through, so here I am.

I am Active Duty Air Force, previously stationed in Alaska, currently (and unfortunately) stationed in Texas, and have been an AK resident since 2008. I am 39 years-old, and married with 4 children. I do have experience hunting Alaska and have taken 3 sheep, 2 goats, a moose, black bear, brown bear, and an interior griz. I have done a few fly-outs : Kodiak, AK Peninsula, and 3 to the Brooks Range. Mountain backpack hunts are what I love to do, and I am physically and mentally prepared for this style of hunting -- I have had two partners in the past who were not. The most recent being this past September on an Idaho elk hunt (I should have learned from the first time he bailed on me on a sheep hunt back in 2010, but I figured I would give him another chance). This really enforced the importance of a well-matched partner. I was tremendously fortunate in this regard with my last two sheep partners, they were both an excellent physical condition, and more importantly, had the mental fortitude to persist when the inevitable suck of these trips occurred.

I enter into these hunts expecting adverse weather conditions, multiple days of being socked in, and having to walk endless miles in search of game from the first day until the last day. I will work as hard for my partner's animal as I do for mine, and I expect the same. I have excellent gear and am physically and mentally prepared to do whatever it takes (within certain safety parameters) to have a successful and enjoyable hunt. I am a loyal, committed, and reliable sheep hunting partner, and am looking for the same. If I sound like someone you would like to partner up with, then shoot me a message at jeremyholzberger@gmail.com. I am interested in doing a fly-out sheep hunt to the Brooks Range, but am open to other ideas if you have a solid plan. I would like to secure Air Transport to the field ASAP.

Thanks,

Jeremy Holzberger

Supporting Member

hello All,

New to this whole forums thing so bare with me, so I dew a DB263 Raspberry island brown bear tag but I have no hunting partner. looking for another hunter that either drew an elk tag for the later time frame ( OCT-25 to NOV-30) or even another brown bear tag or even do a deer hunt and if I see a bear id get it. best dates for me is OCT-26 thru Nov-5th possibly Nov-13 depending if I take vacation from work. if interested feel free to contact me Daine B. 907-306-7080

I'm interested to find anyone that may be heading past Kaltag in mid to late September by boat from the Yukon River bridge. I'm heading that way on or about September 17th and returning to the bridge on or about 25th. Just looking for another boat to travel with in case either boat has any problems. We will be hunting moose in a permit area that way. PM me if you're interested in planning a joint run on the river.

Bear Bait Station - Usually I am out of town May, June, and most of July and cannot establish, maintain and remove/cleanup a station. This year though I will be in Anchorage all spring and summer and I thought someone may want help with their station. Looking for 2018 only; next year I will go back to my regular summer gig.

So if there is someone out there that could use help for whatever reason in exchange for me and my 18 year old son hunting it occasionally I am happy to help with the work and cost. We are both in good shape and have snowmachines and ATVs. If interested, let's get coffee or lunch and discuss the specifics. Thanks!

Looking to go hunting for caribou, sheep, or maybe moose this year. General hunt. I have never been in Alaska outside of small game, but now have my residency and would like to start. Experienced hunter from SE US, can carry my own weight. Would like to go with someone else at first before tackling it solo. Please contact me at danieltvernon@gmail.com if interested.

Anybody interested in taging along on a RC562 trip up to Tyone Lake for the opening weekend. Should be a easy time. PM me. I am in Anchorage at the moment.

I am looking for a partner to accompany me on my goat hunt, DG352 Brown Mountain. My original partner had to back out due to work obligations this past week and I have been unable to find a replacement in my circle of friends. Last year I was successful in taking a smaller billy out of DG346 via the boat and some nifty inflatebale maneuvering in the surf. My plan to access the area for DG352 is by boat out of Seward again. My Dad would drive the boat and anchor up while we head ashore. I just returned from a sheep hunt last week, so I am in decent shape and looking forward to more challenging bushwacking! Ideally, I would block off anywhere between 3-7 days for this hunt. My work schedule is flexible, however I would like to go in September during a decent weather window and sooner rather than later, before the weather makes this impossible to access via boat and hunt. I have been out to Nuka Island area in the boat earlier this summer and am planning on flying over in the plane tomorrow night as well. From what I have gathered talking to other folks who have hunted this tag, there are lots of black bears in the area also. If interested in joining, please PM me on here or email aknorthern1@gmail.com and we can discuss.

Ryan H.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Anybody interested in taging along on a RC562 trip up to Tyone Lake for the opening weekend. Should be a easy time. PM me. I am in Anchorage at the moment.
    well anybody with a tag want to head up it will be a great weekend, I would like to head up Thursday afternoon. PM me ASAP

Supporting Member

I am throwing this out there - After four years of working in Alaska my wife and I moved here. I am from Wisconsin and hunted many black bear and whitetail with bow and rifle, as well as elk in Colorado and Idaho. This year (2018) I am not hunting, but looking for someone who may be hunting area 15 that I can tag along with. When I say tag along, I am there to help and be a hunting partner. my e-mail is j3cubpilot@yahoo.com

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Looking for anyone wanting to hunt Elk and Deer in Kodiak/Afognak. Have done it many times before. Decided to try and throw together a quick hunt have open from now until the season closes. message me for details.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718