Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Seat/Looking for a Hunting Partner

Default Open Seat/Looking for a Hunting Partner

Building off of the success of the open seat forum in the fishing forum, we're going to see if the idea can carry over to the hunting forum. If you're going out for a hunting trip and wouldn't mind sharing the experience with another forum member, post the details of the hunt here - days afield, point of departure, intended target, access means, anticipated costs, gear necessities, etc. If you're looking for someone to take you hunting and don't see any offers here, consider posting a request here to make the necessary connections.

Brian this should be a pretty good thread. I can say from experience its pretty cool taking out new guys or even not so new to do a day hunt or any hunt for that matter. I took out a couple of new guys on a scouting trip last week and it was a positive experience and I hope they learned a little something along the way. I will most likely be going out this weekend and helping another..
    dave

Thanx Brian for posting this thread, I think given a little time folks on either side of the hunting spectrum will use this thread. With that being said I still need to get my Bou & or Moose in GMU 13. Been out twice with no luck. Looking for someone with the knowledge and experience of that area, besides road hunting, that would be willing to take me under their wing. I am available this Monday-Thursday and next Monday -Thursday. If you have the time and the availability to teach.. so to speak, send me a PM please....thanx

Just sent you a PM reel bob. If anyone else is interested in going out tomorrow monday the 10th on the paxson side of the denali, I will be leaving around noon to spend a few days, I have some plans but am always open for ideas. Taking my truck camper and the wheeler, have room on trailer for another wheeler, plus I have an extra that I may be talked into using. Just send me a pm.

Hey guys this is a great idea and hole it works out for everyone!! I am looking to find somebody that would be interested in going up to eklutna lake area doting do some bear hunting it is bow only and I am just wanting to go for the day. I have never hunted ups their so I am open to plans /ideas /thoughts so ifu r interested or want to go just let me know and I am open to go anytime I will be home wensday night for two weeks was thinking of going up on Saturday but can go when ever
    thanks again

this is a last ditch effort to save my unit 13 moose hunting season! PLEASE any one with a trail capible rig txt 3068447
    when i say trail capable i dont mean a atv or argo.... we are looking for a backup rig, what most would refer to as a buggie.
    we are in desperate need of a backup rig. we plan on going to the goose/black river drainege. we have an extreemly experienced driver with one of the best rigs out there. but it is simply stupid to go out there solo regardless of what rig yur running. its very possible things will break, and we will get stuck, but with two rigs, we will do great! please txt me asap for details!
    thanks!!IMG_0133.jpgthis is the rig we will have, minus the trailer
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Looking for a partner for a fly in hunt into the Hulahula in 2014, (I've got a walk in planned for next year a little closer to home). I had fun this year hunting sheep in the Brooks but I would prefer to hunt with a partner on my next fly-in and none of my usual partners can take the 12 days for the hunt off. If you have some sort of extensive knowledge of that drainage I would consider paying for part of your seat. You can reach me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com if you're interested. Thanks.

Anyone by chance going for a Bou Tues/Wed and have room? I would like to get 1+proxy and have a wheeler

Thumbs up DB292 Afognak BB

Looking for a partner for Spring 2013 DB292 on northern/middle Afognak island. Either another permit holder or an armed spectator to my hunt. I've got a some of the details worked out just need another hunter for safety/camaraderie.

PM or akiceman25@hotmail.com for details please.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...tfile_id=11670
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Bob View Post
    Anyone by chance going for a Bou Tues/Wed and have room? I would like to get 1+proxy and have a wheeler
    PM has been sent.

I just relocated here from the lower 48 and I'm looking for someone who is willing to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of Alaskan hunting. I'm willing to put in the work and the miles to learn all I can while I'm here. I've still got a moose tag to fill as well.
    thanks

Adam

Default when would u like to go i be ready anytime

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBearcat View Post
    I just relocated here from the lower 48 and I'm looking for someone who is willing to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of Alaskan hunting. I'm willing to put in the work and the miles to learn all I can while I'm here. I've still got a moose tag to fill as well.
    thanks

Adam
    whenever you want to go i would like to take you

Am looking for a partner to go moose hunting near Fairbanks tomorrow (9/19 or 9/20). I'm a new hunter and simply prefer to not hunt solo for safety's sake.
    Thanks,
    Tiffany

Hey new to the forum.. I love hunting here in Alaska even though this is my first year. I am a big bow hunter though I do not have a bow cert to hunt the bow only areas. So I have been hunting gun areas with my bow around Fairbanks. Tomorrow (20th) is the last day around here for moose.. Anyone want to help me find a bull and be able to actually get close to it. I have never been moose hunting before this year so it is ll new to me. Otherwise if I don't find anything tomorrow I was thinking of going to other areas that are open until the 25th. Someone who knows Moses hunting please help me!!!!

Any interest in some upland bird this weekend in the Sutton/HP area? I haven't been out since August and the way this weeks been at work I need to go get some birds.

I ended up buying a new Jetcraft XS, I have one other partner who has committed to next years hunt. We plan on hunting in 20 couple different areas we looked at this year, (and broke ATV's trying to get to). Or if one of us draws an DM830 we'll be up in 21. Looking for one more to fill the boat, preferably someone who has been out moose hunting before and is a capable outdoorsman and from the Fairbanks area so we can meet up an finalize plans. If you have extensive experience of an area we're lookin at, we'll make it a free ride for you. Planning on a 7 day hunt. If youre interested contact me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com or call me at 888-0401. Thanks.

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    I ended up buying a new Jetcraft XS, I have one other partner who has committed to next years hunt. We plan on hunting in 20 couple different areas we looked at this year, (and broke ATV's trying to get to). Or if one of us draws an DM830 we'll be up in 21. Looking for one more to fill the boat, preferably someone who has been out moose hunting before and is a capable outdoorsman and from the Fairbanks area so we can meet up an finalize plans. If you have extensive experience of an area we're lookin at, we'll make it a free ride for you. Planning on a 7 day hunt. If youre interested contact me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com or call me at 888-0401. Thanks.

Zach
    I know everything there is to know about moose hunting in the area your looking at and will be happy to take you up on your offer.............Where unit 20??

Be careful what you wish for. LOL

Shoot me an email and Ill let you know more details about where in 20. I'm re-evaluating the 21 hunt, I dont think I'll have room for anyone else but me and my partner due to the logistics of that hunt, and thats if we draw a tag. And we will be traveling with a light camp regardless where we go.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I know everything there is to know about moose hunting in the area your looking at and will be happy to take you up on your offer.............Where unit 20??

Be careful what you wish for. LOL
    I was trying to make a joke. Acting like I know everything to get a free ride. Even though I did not know where is unit 20.

The reason I said “ Be careful what you wish for” there are a lot of guy's that are better talkers than a hunter.

Not only am not good at making a joke, my typing needs work. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NeckShot View Post
    whenever you want to go i would like to take you
    Thanks for the offer NeckShot. Work has been hectic this week but the weekend is looking good for me. Could you shoot me a PM with some more info please, I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast