Thread: Waterfowl timeline

Default Waterfowl timeline

This is my first year duck hunting in AK. Been hunting the Fairbanks/North Pole area. Curious how long the ducks and geese will be passing through the area.

Thanks much

when the inland lakes start to freeze, we will get more duckies, now just the local residents and they will be shot out soon. Usually give or take a week, around oct 1 it gets pretty good and we get geese coming though. After that it just depends on how long until freeze up. After freeze up there are some spots of running/open water, but few and far between that may hold some ducks. Bud
    Wasilla

Does that go for me up north too? If so that's awesome. I was under the impression it was all over by the first week of Oct.

hey cavtrooper, give me a shout, let's try to get out to minto this weekend.

Chas

I would love to go to Minto, but I only have Saturday to huint this weekend and I told two other guys I would hang with them. Our plan isn't that great right now but I couldn't bail on them. How often have you hunted Minto? I've heard its awesome action. How do you get there? Drive or Boat? I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me. Next weekend I'm going to try for a moose. I'm still hoping someone will kinda lay down when the season is over up here.

Cavtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by cavtrooper94 View Post
    Does that go for me up north too? If so that's awesome. I was under the impression it was all over by the first week
    of Oct.
    Gets colder earlier the further north you go, thats what drives the birds south. Bud
    Wasilla

I saw the Kryptek picture where you were already successful in banging a few outta the air...good going!

Thanks Hunt