Thread: New Moose Banner

Default New Moose Banner

Just FYI, the new moose banner is playing he// with the page layout on my screen. Running IE7.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    Just FYI, the new moose banner is playing he// with the page layout on my screen. Running IE7.
    We've moved from a 950px page width up to 1100px, to accomodate today's wider monitors. It also allows some opportunity for much-needed growth in our ad program. We have some work left to do, but it should be finished today. Please let us know about any issues here in this thread. Be sure to refresh your page before reporting, as your browser will cache a previous version. Appreciate your patience while we make this adjustment.

While you're enjoying the new forum banner, check out the others in the other sections of the site, linked from the top of the page. They're stunning.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

The moose pic sure is a nice one no complaints there.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Looks like everything really is bigger in Alaska.

Looks over large and stretched out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarrot View Post
    Looks over large and stretched out to me.
    "Be sure to refresh your page before reporting..."

Did you refresh the page? The new banner is two bull moose locking antlers. If you're still seeing the old banner, the one with the mountains reflected in a lake, your browser is caching the old page. Hit refresh on your web browser and let us know if that does it.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Looks OK but the top menu bar "Welcome/Notifications/Settings/etc" clashes and covers up the top of the new photo banner...

Thanks, that fixed it.

Thanks for all the compliments on the photos we use for our banners. Please visit the Our Photographers page to see additional work from our team of photographers. While you're there, click on their links and buy something for your house or cabin! If you'd like to see your work showcased here on the site, by all means let me know and we will have a look at that.

Best regards,

-Mike

Mike, great looking picture but as hunt ak said the other items need to be moved down below the brown header . Thanks and keep up the good work. Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Mike, great looking picture but as hunt ak said the other items need to be moved down below the brown header . Thanks and keep up the good work. Wayne
    We're researching that to see if anything can be done.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post

While you're enjoying the new forum banner, check out the others in the other sections of the site, linked from the top of the page. They're stunning.

-Mike
    I don't get this Mike, seems I get the same banner, while at other "sections of the site,"
    and "Linked from the top of the page,...??"
    am I missing something?

Really Like the Moose Banner tho,....you guys are doing a great job

Thanks for the link to the photographers also,....that looks like hours of enjoyment checking out their websites, etc.
    Love stuff like that
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

The only thing I don't like about the moose banner IS THE SNOW...!!! It's too early to think about that....!!!........lol.

Mike, did you ever post that pic you asked me if you could use with the brownie standing up over the 55 gal. drum? If so I'd like to know where it's at?

Thanks.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    I don't get this Mike, seems I get the same banner, while at other "sections of the site,"
    and "Linked from the top of the page,...??"
    am I missing something?
    I found 'em,...pretty awesome phtography on all these banners,....was cool to get wandering around the entire "Directory"
    again also, hadn't done that for a long time

pretty amazing the amount of info available

just got to get my future ecotourism biz up and running now, so I can get advertising on the "Mighty AOD"
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    I found 'em,...pretty awesome phtography on all these banners,....was cool to get wandering around the entire "Directory"
    again also, hadn't done that for a long time

pretty amazing the amount of info available

just got to get my future ecotourism biz up and running now, so I can get advertising on the "Mighty AOD"

Sorry for not getting with you on that earlier; I was at work today and just got in. Glad you found them though. For those who are still confused, here are the links to the other sections of the site (these links appear on every page, just below the banners):

Home | Store | Forums | Publications | Directory | Regions | Activities | Gear | Alaska at a Glance | About Us | Marketing

Each of these sections contains many pages of info, some of which is still in the development process. We have a lot of writing to do! If you are interested in helping us write content of this kind, by all means shoot me a note. We won't make you rich, but we could help make you famous!

Best regards,

-Mike

Nice facelifts - very nice!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Oooooh......I likey! I won't lie though, I miss the old AOG (Alaska Outdoor Geese) That picture was swell.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Looks OK but the top menu bar "Welcome/Notifications/Settings/etc" clashes and covers up the top of the new photo banner...
    I got the same thing. Picture looks great though. Where abouts?