Thread: Chena hot springs moose.

Default Chena hot springs moose.

I have a tag for a cow on CHS road. I've hunted it before I use to live in Fbx and all I saw was cows, finally drew the tag..anyone else hunting cows or any luck with a bull in that area..I heard the weather has been terrible which is good get the animals moving around, last hunting season it was 65 and sunny...

Skybustin...can't kill what you don't shoot at...

Default Chena hot springs moose.

No one is going to tell you where they are seeing moose Kyle.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    No one is going to tell you where they are seeing moose Kyle.
    Seen a lone cow in a low spot 1/4 mile or so off of CHSR on nordale. Kind of a swampy area back there. Look out for houses though, there are a few. Go get her, i dont want to use her as a hood ornamant!

Quote Originally Posted by Spookum View Post
    Seen a lone cow in a low spot 1/4 mile or so off of CHSR on nordale. Kind of a swampy area back there. Look out for houses though, there are a few. Go get her, i dont want to use her as a hood ornamant!
    Thats one of the best spots to find them.. Always use to see cows between Chena Hot Springs road and Nordale gravel pits.

Wife got that one already, so the front of your rig should be safer from on less roaming cow, in fact the cow she shot was getting ready to cross the road.

thanks for the info. My area starts right after nordale and goes up to two rivers so the first part of CHSR.

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    Wife got that one already, so the front of your rig should be safer from on less roaming cow, in fact the cow she shot was getting ready to cross the road.
    much obliged buddy! hope the old girl was good eating

Quote Originally Posted by Skybustin28 View Post
    thanks for the info. My area starts right after nordale and goes up to two rivers so the first part of CHSR.
    I was out wood cutting last sunday and monday at the end of two rivers road. (take a right at the big "wood cutting here sign". I noticed on monday that the birch trees that we had cut down were chewed on and there was fresh moose sighn galore... seems like they like that clearing back there. Bet it could be productive to glass WAY WAY early in the morning and then still hunt through the trees (you know, walk 5 steps and look for 5 minutes... ect)

much obliged buddy! hope the old girl was good eating

I have never seen such fat on any moose I trimmed huge chunks, some 3-4 inches thick.