Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: LuJon

Default ATTN: LuJon

Your Tikka 270 WSM and Gregory pack. We managed to break the curse on them this week.

If you would like I can return them plus a 15% restocking fee

No PBR or Doritos in this picture.....maybe thats part of the problem??

Or maybe have a proper dinner the night before hunting mountain caribou?

Thats a dinner fit for a king!

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Or maybe have a proper dinner the night before hunting mountain caribou?
    Oh you bast*rd...!!! Rub it in why don't ya.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Now that's real food!

Clearly the source of my problem wasn't the rifle or pack but my choice of hunting companions and food... I gotta go look through my PM box and see if I missed the invite on this trip... Heck I would have shown up just for dinner and even hung around to help pack that beast out (I am getting pretty good at packing other folks animals out)

Apparently I am not one of the special people that gets to hunt with mod elan, I only get pepper sticks, cheddar cheese, bagels, and shot blocks when I go hunting with him!

Nice caribou mod elan!!

Northway you better still have some crab left at your place.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Apparently I am not one of the special people that gets to hunt with mod elan, I only get pepper sticks, cheddar cheese, bagels, and shot blocks when I go hunting with him!

Nice caribou mod elan!!

Northway you better still have some crab left at your place.
    I'll make sure you have some crab when you get back! I didn't break out the 5 lb bag of shrimp that I was going to bring out!

That caribou was the biggest bodied caribou I have ever seen. I've shot spike fork moose that didn't have as big a quarters as this bou did. When we walked up to it I was like, ***? Thing was a monster! It was a neat stalk and modelan did put a hammer on him. I just sat back and enjoyed it all!

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    I'll make sure you have some crab when you get back! I didn't break out the 5 lb bag of shrimp that I was going to bring out!
    Good to hear there is some crab and shrimp leftover after mod elan had at it. I know how many value meals he can put down in one sitting not to mention the hurting he puts on the mongolian buffet!

You know LuJon, if you ditched the Poor Broke Redneck and churched it up with some delicious Busch Light the hunting gods might smile upon you after all.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Good to hear there is some crab and shrimp leftover after mod elan had at it. I know how many value meals he can put down in one sitting not to mention the hurting he puts on the mongolian buffet!
    I had to "ration" it out! Heck I had to finish off the crab so he must be slacking! I can tell you they weren't going to starve out there that is for sure! Nothing like a 200 gallon cooler full of food! He is sitting at Fast Eddy's as I type eating a MUSHER'S omelette!

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    I had to "ration" it out! Heck I had to finish off the crab so he must be slacking! I can tell you they weren't going to starve out there that is for sure! Nothing like a 200 gallon cooler full of food! He is sitting at Fast Eddy's as I type eating a MUSHER'S omelette!
    It is good to hear the two of them were not wasting away out there in the mountains chasing caribou like most people chase sheep!

It is threads like this one that will always keep me coming back to this forum! The good natured ribbing and teasing make my day so much easier. It almost feels like im part of a state wide hunting club. It feels like some guys that i kind of know get to fill the freezer in style! The picture of the MONSTER bou with a borrowed pack and rifle..... priceless.... especially how well LuJon took it. I wish all hunters were as cool as you guys. Keep up the good work.

Default ATTN: LuJon

Nice animal! About what weight of meat (including quarter bones) do you figure you packed off of him?

Any pics of the whole animal? Is a more detailed hunt report coming?
    Congrats on the success.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Dungy's for dinner on a caribou trip = nice!

Did any bears stop by for leftovers?

We won't speak of the bear that was 240 yards from the cook table the next morning that we stalked to within 64 yards in our camp shoes and missed with an 8mm Rem Mag He's not going to live that one down for a while!

I'll get a bone-on weight of the bou when we get home and get a hunt report posted in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    We won't speak of the bear that was 240 yards from the cook table the next morning that we stalked to within 64 yards in our camp shoes and missed with an 8mm Rem Mag He's not going to live that one down for a while!

I'll get a bone-on weight of the bou when we get home and get a hunt report posted in a couple days.
    Man, I was giving you all the props and then BAMM! I get kicked in the nuts!

Not sure what live weight was on this bou, but it was the biggest bodied bou I've ever seen and I've handled a "few" of them over the years. The heart was MONTSTROUS! It was as big as a moose heart. I'm sure mod elan will do a fine write up when he gets time.

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    Nice animal! About what weight of meat (including quarter bones) do you figure you packed off of him?
    Not sure, but I know I had a hind, front, and all the loose meat and I really didn't want anymore, but would have carried more if mod elan would have wimped out!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast