Thread: Anybody in Cordova?

Default Anybody in Cordova?

How's the fishing?

Are the silvers in yet?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I was supposed to be there today but the ferry broke... Arghhhhhh......

Default Re: Anybody in Cordova?

Sorry big Lou, maybe next year. Do they only have one ferry boat to Cordova? Maybe they can fix it in time. I'm at SeaTac right now waiting for flight to Cordova via Juneau and Yakutat. Reports were that rivers were high with all the rain recently.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by miwai View Post
    Sorry big Lou, maybe next year. Do they only have one ferry boat to Cordova? Maybe they can fix it in time. I'm at SeaTac right now waiting for flight to Cordova via Juneau and Yakutat. Reports were that rivers were high with all the rain recently.

It was broke for 2 days and I had already taken a day off, so 3 days of my vacation were used up already. I couldn't afford to extend it so I'm fishing locally for some rainbows and dollies... I hope you have a great time!

I just saw the Kennicott is doing a run in and out of Cordova from Whittier on Monday evening/Tuesday morning to deal with the backed up traffic.

Since I missed my trip this year, just wondering how others did? Next year I will have a back plan. Hope the fishing was great. Stories and pics would be appreciated...

Default Re: Anybody in Cordova?

Big Lou...fishing was a little more challenging this year probably due to lower numbers. Man from Forest Service said that even commercial fisherman reported lower catch this year for silvers. Still was able to get my limit most days except on days with extreme high water and strong winds (storm).