Thread: Attn Gear Nuts: Swarovski ATX/STX Modular Spotting Scope Info

Default Attn Gear Nuts: Swarovski ATX/STX Modular Spotting Scope Info

I was in the market (and still am if you want to uprgrade) for an ATM 65 and just ran across the new ATX and STX line of spotting scopes. I called Swarovski for some information and just thought that I would share some information with the forum, that they provided me on this new modular design (two pieces, easier to pack?). It is supposed to be the cat's meow, I was talking with a dealer and he said they are simply awesome and offered to sell me his 80HD for under $2000 as he is upgrading, asap. The new scopes will come standard with the HD glass but, they have added the Swarovision and field flattening lens technology to the new scopes. I have the EL 10 x 42 with the same tech and they are great. You can buy the ATX or STX modular eye piece up to (70X) and then switch between the 65, 85 or 95 objectives (pretty cool but, but expensive) Anyway hear are the specs with MSRP:

The angled versions are slightly lighter than the straight and their weights are included in the weights below both, the ATX and STX have the same MSRP.

ATX or STX Modular Eyepiece have an MSRP of $2,421.11 Cabela's retail is $2,179.99 (backorder 1-2 week delivery)

65MM Objective weighs 55.9 ounces in the ATX and 57.8 in the STX MSRP $976.67 Cablea's $879.99
    85MM Objective weighs 67.4 ounces in the ATX and 69.3 in the STX MSRP $1,721.11 Cabela's $1,549.99
    95MM Objective weighs 75.8 ounces in the ATX and 77.8 in the STX MSRP $2,110.00 Cablea's $1,899.99

ATM/STM are being discontiuned.

ATS/STS are comming back with HD glass standard. Thanks Greg

Very cool. Pricey, but cool. I'll let Stid or 'Lanche pick one up so I can check it out

Nah, won't happen. Stickin' with Carl as he goes up to 75X

Hmmmm...I think selling Borris would be unwise, as he's practically a family member. Guess I'll keep luggin' him around