Thread: I know it's hunting season, but my yard is not your dumpster!

Default I know it's hunting season, but my yard is not your dumpster!

Hi all, just a friendly reminder; I don't dump my trash in your yard, please don't dump it in mine! Every year up here at Eklutna Lake, we get visitors (summer not as bad as fall) who like to just throw trash along the road and trail. Again, I don't dump my trash in your yard, please don't dump it in mine. Great beauty to be seen, scarless!

People are pigs what do you expect? I have often thought that a proper punishment for littering would be a city trash truck filled to the brim emptying the trash in the persons front yard, and them having to clean up the mess.

Matt83...

I once suggested this: You get caught littering? A standard sized dumpster will be placed in your front yard for 6 months, and the public has full right to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by K Dill View Post
    Matt83...

I once suggested this: You get caught littering? A standard sized dumpster will be placed in your front yard for 6 months, and the public has full right to use it.
    A very, very good suggestion !!!

My understanding is littering carries a fine up to $1,000.
    How many $1,000 fines would they have to give out before people statewide changed their ways?
    When word gets out that 50 people got fined $1,000 and from then on the fine would be given at the max rate peoples attitude would change.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Most of the time it is only a $50.00 to $75.00 fine. Just a little shy of the max. I agree that the max would get results.

80 hours picking up trash would, I think, put anyone off littering for the rest of their life.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by K Dill View Post
    Matt83...

And you get to pay the rental & dumping fees.

Don't you just love it. I used to have a nice piece of property on a relatively well used road. I would pick up a bags worth of trash every other week that people had thrown out their window. Don't you also love the "jokesters" that throw their trash into your pickup truck bed?

I agree all! It's just rediculous the amount I stop and pick up.

Last poster, yep!! Couple weeks ago I went to Fred Meyers in Eagle River, get done shopping and head home, I hit 65 at the on ramp and merged when something caught my eye in the rear view. Naaaa, trash? ***? I pull over and there is a BIG Wendy's bag full of empty burger boxes; I'm like huh, I don't eat that ****!

Most people Suck!

Years ago I posted a thread on the NAHC forum (when I was a member) titled "Litter". I posted it after one morning I was driving my little girl to school on a beautiful fresh winter morning, where it had just snowed about 1/2", stopped, and the sun was starting to come up. There was only a couple sets of fresh tracks in front of me. As I crested a little hill and began the decent I looked down at the bottom and saw something strange in the road. I couldn't tell what it was, but as I approached I said to myself "You have GOT to be kidding". As I reached the "spot" slowed down and opened the door, I looked down in the middle of the road the road where some clown had stopped and ever so delicately dumped their entire full ashtray down on the nice fresh white snow. It was hard to believe.

After that post I started a landslide of people posting their own experiences with litter. It ended up being a great thread indeed where all kinds of people came up with surprisingly creative ways to get back at litterbugs.

The post I still remember so vividly was about a guy that lived on a dead end street. It was a beautiful, fairly rural area and had only a few houses on the whole road. He said that one day as he left for work he happened to look over at a small little pull out type place and noticed a bag of garbage. He figured it had blown out of somebody's rig and when they returned they would see it and pick it up. About a week later as he left for work again he noticed not only was the trash bag still there but a few more pieces of trash along side of it.

Well he said this continued on for awhile and he came up with an idea. You see this guy was a contractor and owned a bit of heavy equipment. One day he went down to the garbage pile and started to rummage through it. Sure enough he was able to find the address in one of the bags, and it wasn't hard to tell who had decided to make their own little "dump site". He figured he would bide his time and finally when the garbage heap had grown quite big, he backed his dump truck down to the site and filled it up. He then drove down to the owners residence, backed up onto this guys front lawn and promptly gave this guys garbage back to him.

He said people were home, and nobody came out, and he never heard a word. Needless to say the new dump site was now clean and remained that way from that day forth.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

AKDSLDOG, do you have one of those ranches up the Eklutna Lake road? That area is so beautiful! I would LOVE to have a piece of land up there.

4mer..

lol that is a hilarious story!

There was a local story about a guy witnessing a trash bag getting dropped at the end of his private road. The driver got away (woman) but the car was later spotted parked at a park-and-ride. The guy took the trash bag...which conveniently was loaded with dirty disposable diapers....to her car. He went so far as to don rubber gloves, then proceeded to tuck/loop/place/smash a poopy diaper into every door handle, under the wipers, into the grill and up against the radiator. I call that man a hero.

Personal story: I once noticed a strange car stuck in the mud on my farm. The area all around it was littered, and the driver had abandoned it. It reeked of alcohol, sweat, tobacco and reefer smoke. I called the sheriff's office and a deputy was dispatched. Before he arrived, I took 2 bottles of my favorite Hawbakers fox lure (call scent) which is rank and raunchy beyond all understanding. I dabbed, poured and worked this horrendous scent into the seat cracks, seat belts, ac ducts, dash, and fresh air intakes. The remainder I dumped onto the motor near the firewall. I wanted to send a message. The deputy arrived and was so gagged by the smell that he could hardly approach the car to get any ID from it. He called for a wrecker, and that guy...I swear this...held his breath and swallowed his guts while hooking up the car. I kind of felt bad at that point. Later I learned that the car owner and 3 other people paid the fees/fines and picked up the car 5 days after. They drove out of the impound lot with all 4 windows down (November) and their faces looking for fresh air. Of course, the rear seat was full of the trash which had been lying around the car when I spotted it.

I despise a litterer with the same passion I do a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by northernalberta View Post
    AKDSLDOG, do you have one of those ranches up the Eklutna Lake road? That area is so beautiful! I would LOVE to have a piece of land up there.
    No on the "ranch". I'm up a few miles from that place. Just living in beauty setting.

I especially hate those that think cigarette butts are not litter... I was sitting at a stoplight, with my girl at the time, and we saw a guy just drop the still burning butt on the ground. She and I both commented how lame that was and she dared me to do something... I got out and reinserted the butt through the still cracked window. The shocked driver was unable to do anything as the light was just turning green and he now had a smoldering butt on his upholstery. The best part of it all was the officer whom had witnessed it all giving me a smile and a thumbs up as he drove past.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post

The post I still remember so vividly was about a guy that lived on a dead end street. It was a beautiful, fairly rural area and had only a few houses on the whole road. He said that one day as he left for work he happened to look over at a small little pull out type place and noticed a bag of garbage. He figured it had blown out of somebody's rig and when they returned they would see it and pick it up. About a week later as he left for work again he noticed not only was the trash bag still there but a few more pieces of trash along side of it.

Well he said this continued on for awhile and he came up with an idea. You see this guy was a contractor and owned a bit of heavy equipment. One day he went down to the garbage pile and started to rummage through it. Sure enough he was able to find the address in one of the bags, and it wasn't hard to tell who had decided to make their own little "dump site". He figured he would bide his time and finally when the garbage heap had grown quite big, he backed his dump truck down to the site and filled it up. He then drove down to the owners residence, backed up onto this guys front lawn and promptly gave this guys garbage back to him.

He said people were home, and nobody came out, and he never heard a word. Needless to say the new dump site was now clean and remained that way from that day forth.....
    That is the best litter story I have heard, thank you!

When I lived in MN I spent some time working for the DNR down there. We found a large pile of trash dumped off a trail in the state forest.
    We dug through it and quickly found some magazines with the address label still on them.
    Turned it over to our local game warden and he was going to ticket them.
    I just found it wrong they did this but also stupid to do it with trash that had their name and address on it. How smart is that?
    A coworker of mine down there's dad worked for the dot for some time. apparently he had to pickup roadkills,trash and what not on the side of the highway. I guess it was pretty common after a holiday weekend to find a few nude polaroid photos strewn about the highway. They figured people got drunk at their cabins took the pictures and then regretted it on the way home so threw them out the windows of their cars.
    Sometime those picture got found.LOL
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Hi all, just a friendly reminder; I don't dump my trash in your yard, please don't dump it in mine!

Hmmmm kind o ironic taint it???? when ever i pass through that area... i invarably pick up hichers... who all claim to be your Ex's....

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here