Thread: Fuel in Galena

Default Fuel in Galena

I was wondering if anyone knew if Jake was selling fuel this season or not. I heard from some friends today who are heading up for the early hunt, had to get gas in town. It was a text so I didnt get the full story. I wasnt sure if Jake was just out or if he's not selling at all this year.
    Thanks

656-2183 Vern

Quote Originally Posted by alaskalouie View Post
    656-2183 Vern
    I was told by a reliable source that vern is not sellin on the riverthis year...

I talked to Crowley yestarday and they verified that nobody is selling fuel on the river, however they say that Jake has a truck with a tank/pump and we will help you get fuel at the store and transport it to your boat for a small fee..Any one ever get gas in Huslia? I called there and the nice lady said that they sell it but you need to find a ride to the gas station?

When you say nobody is selling fuel on the river, are you talking about Galena only? I am wondering about Tanana.

Yes that is just Galena...Tanana and Ruby are both selling fuel on the river...

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Mirage View Post
    Yes that is just Galena...Tanana and Ruby are both selling fuel on the river...
    When did the guy at Ruby start running a hose down to the river again? He sure didnt do it last year.

He has a truck with a tank, he has always let us use it...his name is Ivan. maybe you forgot to tip him last time....a little sugar goes a long ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Mirage View Post
    He has a truck with a tank, he has always let us use it...his name is Ivan. maybe you forgot to tip him last time....a little sugar goes a long ways..
    Actually have not bought fuel at Ruby for the last 3-4 years. Just knew they removed the hose to the river and that Tanana has always been cheaper. But this season seems like gas prices are at a record high at any of the stops including Tanana.

I was told by Crowley that all the villages will be getting a shipment of fuel around the 10th and the prices will go down some then. The prices were 6.50-7.25 a few days ago.....I dont care about the price so much as long as I can get it every where I need to. We are leaving from Nenana on the 13th....