Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer on sheep hunts?

Talking Beer on sheep hunts?

So who's going to start taking this new beer on their sheep hunts? I think I'll have to give it a try next year. My hunting partners seem to get ticked off when they find the bottles of beer that I sneak into their packs...this might help with "hunter relations"...

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...g-hikers-loads

Cool idea. I always wondered if they could do beer in capri sun style containers for backpackers.

Default Beer on sheep hunts?

It already comes in cans which work pretty well.

When they come up with some freeze dried Crown Royal let me know about it......!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

just fill the bladder bag with the beer... the good thing about beer is the weight gets lighter the further you go...well if you do it right..

What works really good is when your buddy is busy looking the other way you slip a 6/pack into the bottom of his pack and at the end of a long, hard packin and sit down and say man what I wouldnt do for a beer right now and when he agrees you fish it out. It will only work once but after they have one with they get over it pretty fast. Ron.

you guys mean your spike camp doesn't look like this?

You packed pbr how far? Ron.

Im friends with the owner and have tried some out. You would never know it was from a concentrate. My buddy Im moose hunting with next week has some money tied up in the company as well, we are going to bring some along on our trip.

Pat's good friends with my in-laws and was one of our neighbors. It's a dang shame they had to move south to get this thing going, but good on them. Can't wait until I can order some for myself.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Beer is too heavy. I prefer the Platypus bags filled with Stollies, Crown and Carolans.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    So who's going to start taking this new beer on their sheep hunts? I think I'll have to give it a try next year. My hunting partners seem to get ticked off when they find the bottles of beer that I sneak into their packs...this might help with "hunter relations"...

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...g-hikers-loads
    I don't know about you all but I would rather take along the babe in the video with me hunting than any beer concentrate. Besides I don't have to carry her and she has great hand action !

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Beer is too heavy. I prefer the Platypus bags filled with Stollies, Crown and Carolans.
    Isn't that the point of this product, though? It wouldn't be heavy if you only had to carry the carbonator and the concentrate while pulling the water from a stream.

If the stuff tastes decent - and I'm assuming it will, since the guy is a fan of craft beer - then I'm sold.

I've wondered if he was ever going to get this out on the market. Someone posted this here 2 or 3 years ago and it seems he's finally close to selling it. Nothing better than a cold beer after a hunt in the mountains!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
    I don't know about you all but I would rather take along the babe in the video with me hunting than any beer concentrate. Besides I don't have to carry her and she has great hand action !
    Easy Rich Bitsy is a very smart, high class lady...and beautiful.

I've wondered if he was ever going to get this out on the market. Someone posted this here 2 or 3 years ago and it seems he's finally close to selling it. Nothing better than a cold beer after a hunt in the mountains!
    I think I mentioned it a couple years ago. I still have one of Pat's original hats. The trials and tribulations of getting this deal to market would fill a book.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'd hold off on the alcohol until the guns are put away and I'm back in civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Haha love that pic!You didn't spare any comfort on that hunt.Still a first for me to have doritos and some paps above tree line!I love that spot!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Yep, lives in Palmer. That explains the PBR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I stuffed a 6 pack into my brothers pack along with a pint of crown royal, a few cigars, and some other goodies....He was a little pissed, but after I let him have one of my beers....he cooled off.

As to the post above, I never mix booze and guns. A little nip before bed or after the hunt is fine though.

Bears like beers too, this is what happens when you come back to camp after a long day thinking you've got a cold one waiting for you only to find out someone has beat you to it.

IMG_0246.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast