Thread: eklutna lake black bear info

Default eklutna lake black bear info

Hey how's it going was wondering if anybody has taken a bear up their that would be willing to share some info on them I have never een up to that area and as wondering if u ould ri 44's up their or not if u have any usefull info I would love to hear or some stories. Thanks wilson

Not sure exactly what you are trying to ask, but go to the Alaska State Park website for their regualations... and of course ADF&g for the hunting regulations.

Good luck, climb high.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

i am just looking for hunting tips in that area i have never hunted for bear with a bow and was just looking for some tips or if anyone had got one what they did to find them or where they were at
    i know that is a top secret thing to some people just looking for some friendly tips

wilson blackies should be on berries now so the key is to find an area that you can see for miles and spot,spot,and more spotting.. no secret to black bear hunting other then patience...find the food you find the bear...

thanks bear thats what i was looking for!!! o and i had on other question can u bait for bears up their ?? has anybody had any look doing it ??

Quote Originally Posted by wwilson View Post
    thanks bear thats what i was looking for!!! o and i had on other question can u bait for bears up their ?? has anybody had any look doing it ??
    as always check the regs....no bait to the best of my knowledge but I dont give reg info out but help ya any other way I can though....

My point was check with State Parks because they regulate the land. Fish and Game because they regulate the run.

I haven't been there in a few years but I see black bear every time - climb high, like sheep high... or higher.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Ohhh boy.... Hi! I live up here (Eklutna Lake), I could give you tons of advise! Bears all over, run your wheeler down the trail, glass high, easy, just don't fling arrows my way! You Bow cert.? Need to be. You hunt bear be for? Better have. Good luck!

I am a bit confused on why you would drive all the way from Fairbanks to Anchorage to hunt black bears? Head up the Steese HWY and rise your wheeler out on some of the trails till you gain some elevation and start glassing the hillsides for bears eating berries. Plenty of black bears on the Steese, Elliot, and Chena Hot Springs roads. All of those roads/hwy's have atv or dirt roads running off of them up into the hills. Hit those and you will be set.

O sorry about the location thing I forgot to update my location I live in Wasilla now
    akdsldog I would love to here ur advise and I am bow certified and I have hunted bears before
    and I have checked the regs everyone