Thread: Any Whittier boating/fishing Labor Day weekend?

Default Any Whittier boating/fishing Labor Day weekend?

Wondering if anyone got out on the water this weekend. Looking at the marine forecast made it an easy choice for me and my 24-foot boat.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Wondering if anyone got out on the water this weekend. Looking at the marine forecast made it an easy choice for me and my 24-foot boat.
    You and I both. It would have been my first trip out since july. :'(

We Went out Friday night and stayed close. It was whipping pretty good all night. We headed for the dock late yesterday afternoon. The water was flat and the rain had let up. I am glad we did. The updated forecast leads me to believe that the ride home tomorrow would have been "sporty" at the very least. We did end up with 24 pounds of shrimp tails, so all was not lost.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The forecast kept me at home doing projects this weekend. I really wanted to go out, but at least I got a bunch of stuff done in the yard. I might actually be semi-prepared for winter this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Any Whittier boating/fishing Labor Day weekend?

We were out as well Friday night. Got tossed a bit on the hook overnight. Decided to spend Saturday night on the trailer watching movies with the kids. :-) looked decent this morning but as we were hitting the tunnel it was starting to cap and blow in passage.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I'm thinking about sneaking out between fronts this afternoon. We'll see how it looks once we get there. I've got the Paulson bay cabin reserved for the week so at least we'll be warm and dry if we make it out.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

24 pounds of shrimp tails???I will trade you for some fresh tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    We Went out Friday night and stayed close. It was whipping pretty good all night. We headed for the dock late yesterday afternoon. The water was flat and the rain had let up. I am glad we did. The updated forecast leads me to believe that the ride home tomorrow would have been "sporty" at the very least. We did end up with 24 pounds of shrimp tails, so all was not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    24 pounds of shrimp tails???I will trade you for some fresh tuna.

Tempting, but isn't trading fish and game illegal? I could come over for dinner, though. I love tuna!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

WOW that tops my 7 gallons haul last weekend.

On trading shrimp and tuna... its not illegal to give a friend some shrimp and if he happens to give you some tuna... well that is what friends do.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

the only problem is you will have to come south about 2300 miles....

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Tempting, but isn't trading fish and game illegal? I could come over for dinner, though. I love tuna!