Thread: shoot buddies / archery club in wasilla

Default shoot buddies / archery club in wasilla

Hey guys was wondering if their is anybody interested in getting together to do some shooting maybe a bbq or maybe start a club up or something in Wasilla area .
    if anybody is interested let me know

Quote Originally Posted by wwilson View Post
    Hey guys was wondering if their is anybody interested in getting together to do some shooting maybe a bbq or maybe start a club up or something in Wasilla area .
    if anybody is interested let me know
    I would like to learn to shoot with a bow, but have no clue about why type, ect...

I am interested in learning too. Count me in if you get some sort of group together.

I do below there is a valley shooting club, stop by Screamin Eagle and chat with Wayne.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

ya i have stopped by their and talked to them and they have league shoots on wensdays and i was just lookig for one or two or more guy that wanted to get together their or in someones yard and do some shooting at targets or maybe go hunting together or something just have some friends that have the same interests as one anotherthanks for the info to i would like to start a club tho the only club that anyone in wasilla or palmer talks about is one out of anchorage or the state club

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Erne View Post
    I would like to learn to shoot with a bow, but have no clue about why type, ect...
    cant really help you guys with a club but may be able to help you with some basic question for getting started in archery..been around a bow or two in my day
    Dave

Im in as long as my 12 years son can come he shoots also
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

That would be great to have the younger shooters come out I am trying to get my son in to the sport but it is been kinda hard lol I will be back from the slope in a week and a couple of days so I would love to get together with u guys what is best days for u guys weekdays weekends? ?

I start my new shift on Wed-Sat 7am to 5pm Sundays would work best or Sat evening for me Ill be a littel busy unti after moose season but after Im all in sound like alot of fun

Wilson how old is your son I have a long bow I got my son when fletchers was still open worked great for very young kids just starting out. Your welcome to it if it works for you. Chris
    That would be great to have the younger shooters come out I am trying to get my son in to the sport but it is been kinda hard lol I will be back from the slope in a week and a couple of days so I would love to get together with u guys what is best days for u guys weekdays weekends? ?

My boy is 7 but he is the size of a 10yr old lol ya we would love to try it out when we go shooting trying to find him a compound bow. But we will see and we can shoot anytime I am free for tw9 weld unless the wide says different lol have u heard anything about eklutna lake blackies this yr going to try and go up their when I get home

My boy is 7 but he is the size of a 10yr old lol ya we would love to try it out when we go shooting trying to find him a compound bow. But we will see and we can shoot anytime I am free for tw9 weld unless the wide says different lol have u heard anything about eklutna lake blackies this yr going to try and go up their when I get home
    It's worth the trip to go see Joni at full curl in anchorage. She is amazing with kids teller her Dave sent you

I may be interested also. I have only been shooting for about year and a half. I will keep watching to see where this leads. Thanks

Leagues aren't a bad thing either for a newer guy to join. Generally your surrounded by very competent shooters with a lot of experience.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

i plan on going to the league shoots on wensdays and taking part to learn and have fun
    i have a lot of free time and need to fill it so i figured some guys getting to gather to shoot would be a good way to fill the time i have lol and i just cant get enough or archery i have only been shooting with a real bow for about 6 months but have always played with them and now i am in love lol so i am going to make this happen and thank you to all the people that have responded and r interested