Thread: Trade a day of rainbow fishing the kenai for some duck hunting...

Default Trade a day of rainbow fishing the kenai for some duck hunting...

Ill be heading down to coopers landing this weekend (september 7 through the 10th) and fishing on the reserve between kenai lake and skilak lake. I have done this the last couple of years and always have a had a great time. Unfortunately, this weekend willl be the only time off in September and I was hoping to do some waterfowl hunting. Im as green as gumby when it comes to waterfowl hunting, but I really wanted to get a couple of birds this fall. I have a 16 foot pro pioneer with a frame and would be willing to take someone out( i.e row them around while they fish, tie lines, give some help if your new to fly fishing, net fish), for a day of freshwater or saltwater duck hunting. If you have no interest in fishing, but are looking for a duck partner for a day that would be awesome also. I would be more than happy to trade you some caribou meat, maybe a bottle of nice whiskey, money... Let me know, Eric Coulter. go beavs

Quote Originally Posted by akhunterosu View Post
    Ill be heading down to coopers landing this weekend (september 7 through the 10th) and fishing on the reserve between kenai lake and skilak lake. I have done this the last couple of years and always have a had a great time. Unfortunately, this weekend willl be the only time off in September and I was hoping to do some waterfowl hunting. Im as green as gumby when it comes to waterfowl hunting, but I really wanted to get a couple of birds this fall. I have a 16 foot pro pioneer with a frame and would be willing to take someone out( i.e row them around while they fish, tie lines, give some help if your new to fly fishing, net fish), for a day of freshwater or saltwater duck hunting. If you have no interest in fishing, but are looking for a duck partner for a day that would be awesome also. I would be more than happy to trade you some caribou meat, maybe a bottle of nice whiskey, money... Let me know, Eric Coulter. go beavs
    Just curious are you aware of the rules of guiding?

(2) "sport fishing guide services" means assistance, for compensation or with the intent to receive compensation, to a sport fisherman to take or to attempt to take fish by accompanying or physically directing the sport fisherman in sport fishing activities during any part of a sport fishing trip.

I would not be advertising this on here. You are setting yourself up for a ticket.
    You would be better off just to ask for a person to take you out duck hunting and pay your share of expenses for gas, food ,etc.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Probably could have worded things differently..but on that note. with only two post to this forum..leads me to believe he is just looking to get out, make some new outdoor friends and help put a nice rainbow in your photo album and some ducks in his..lol

I hear ya..

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Just curious are you aware of the rules of guiding?

(2) "sport fishing guide services" means assistance, for compensation or with the intent to receive compensation, to a sport fisherman to take or to attempt to take fish by accompanying or physically directing the sport fisherman in sport fishing activities during any part of a sport fishing trip.

I would not be advertising this on here. You are setting yourself up for a ticket.
    You would be better off just to ask for a person to take you out duck hunting and pay your share of expenses for gas, food ,etc.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Just wanted to hunt some ducks . Not trying to get myself or anyone in trouble . Figured bartering a day of fishing for hunting was legitimate.

i usually hunt alone, live in wasilla, have all the gear, happy to take you out sometime if interested. you can't send pm's yet without more posts. my number is 373 6208. Bud
    Wasilla

Sorry if my post seemed a bit harsh for that I apologize.
    Just so you are aware the fish and wildlife troopers do read these forums and they have written tickets to members here for violating fish and game laws. All based on their posts on this forum. I would truly hate to see anyone inadvertantly get a ticket for something like this.
    The way your first post was worded it sure sounded like you were offering a fully guided fishing trip.
    With the raft you have you could easily get into some jump shooting for ducks doing what we call the cast and blast. Silver/rainbow fishing and duck hunting in the same trip.
    There are a couple of places on the Peninsula where this is popular. If you had enough posts for the PM system I would send you some info on where to go.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

akblackdawg- Thank for the offer. Are you going to be duck hunting this weekend( the 7th, 8th, or 9th)? I would enjoy hunting with you, if you dont mind taking another person. I would just drive up from coopers landing whichever day suits you best.

Kasilof- No offense taken. Thanks you for keeping me informed and out of trouble. I am no where near a guide, and dont want to make myselfy appear as such. I have been lucky enough to have people take me out and teach me a thing or two. I was just hoping I could offer someone a chance to fish who maybe didnt have the know how, for some duck knowledge. I dont have enough messages to PM yet, so hear is my email address ericcoulterosu@gmail.com , any information would be very helpful.

If either of you guys find yourself in the interior and want to go out for some ptarmigan or grouse, let me know. Eric Coulter