Thread: locking tag

Default locking tag

My dad and I are just packing up for my DB470 hunt and the paper that the F&G sent us says that this hunt requires a locking tag and we were just curious what that was? Thanks.

a metal tag that you lock around the skull/hide until it is sealed. They should of sent it with your tag if its required if not anywhere that sells licenses/tags should have them

Non-residents need a locking tag to hunt any big game in AK. Residents do not need them for most big game, but brown bear is an exception (and muskox too maybe? It's in the regs.) So you need to go to anywhere they sell licenses and pick up a locking tag. It's a thin metal strip. You put it through a hole in the skull of your bear immediately upon taking it, one end goes into a socket in the other end and it locks. Once you lock it, you can't unlock it. You'd have to cut it off.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    a metal tag that you lock around the skull/hide until it is sealed. They should of sent it with your tag if its required if not anywhere that sells licenses/tags should have them
    Now I'm not positive on this, but I actually don't think they include it with your tag. Even though you got a drawing tag, you still have to go buy a locking tag. They're $25 for res. -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Brown bear drawing permits do not come with the steel locking tag for residents or non-residents. You have to go buy one at any location that sells hunting and fishing licenses.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.