Thread: CCW Course

Default CCW Course

I am looking for suggestions for a CCW permit course in Anchorage. What I am looking for to be more specific is a small/private class. I have a group of about 5-7 friends and family looking to take the class together. We are looking for sometime in October. If anyone has any suggestion for someone in the Anchorage area it would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to check with Steve McDaniel at Alaska Tactical - great instructor.

I don't know if RSTA does CCW classes, but if they do I would check them out if Steve can't fit your group into a class.

http://www.rstaalaska.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    You might want to check with Steve McDaniel at Alaska Tactical - great instructor.
    I'll second that. The best time and money I have invested. I have CC'd in Alaska since the 70's. Never thought about a permit until recent travel plans to the states. I learned so much in 12 hours, it was well worth it as I said.
    Although a permit is optional here, everyone who carries needs this training. Steve and his crew are top notch in my opinion.
    I know you can find the training cheaper, but I feel I got more than I paid for.

Thirding Steve. Best instructor I've ever had, runs a tight ship.

Thanks I will check into both suggestions.

I have been carrying for the past few months but I thought some training wouldn't hurt and I might move out of Alaska for a few years in a year or two.

Instruction and training is a must. But I am against just concealed carry. Any law abiding person with training should be able to carry open or concealed.
    A good man with a gun on the hip can stop crime real fast.
    The stupidest liberal thing I ever seen is if there is a threat to you and you show a gun, you get in trouble for brandishing a weapon. Stick the barrel in the jerks mouth.
    I want to be president!