Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just ran across this

Default just ran across this

just ran across this and was curious it anyone heard any thing about it... trying to find some better info but thought I would ask here...

http://news.yahoo.com/nat-geo-drops-...211224227.html

I'm not much of a writer but if someone from the hunting community would author a petition against nat geo I would certainly sign my name. I hate reading stuff like this especially when the anti's get their way, **** shame nat geo gave in to such silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    I'm not much of a writer but if someone from the hunting community would author a petition against nat geo I would certainly sign my name. I hate reading stuff like this especially when the anti's get their way, **** shame nat geo gave in to such silliness.
    Agreed... Just more people forcing the others to live by their beliefs!

Here's the guy who started the petition... Maybe give a call or shoot an email! I did...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...s_Florida.html

I know I shouldnt be surprised but I kind of am to the fact of so many signatures in so little time and then how nat geo backed down so easily..

thanks for the link Ducks,,

Fact is that Nat Geo brings in donations to animal rights groups through their programming. Animal rights groups ironically do far less than hunters to actually protect habitat and animals. Regulated trophy hunting has resulted in stable healthy animal populations and well funded wildlife management programs.

Someone should write one in support of hunting and I bet if everyone blasted it all over every forum we looked at and sent emails we could get way more than 13,000 in 24 hours. How in the HELL do you expect to survive in Alaska without hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Fact is that Nat Geo brings in donations to animal rights groups through their programming. Animal rights groups ironically do far less than hunters to actually protect habitat and animals. Regulated trophy hunting has resulted in stable healthy animal populations and well funded wildlife management programs.

And not just here - worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Here's the guy who started the petition... Maybe give a call or shoot an email! I did...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...s_Florida.html
    Good one DD....Ill take a break from stirring things up on ADN.com with the libs and shoot this guy a nice email today

Unbelievable that National Geographic dropped her over that crap. This world we live in and this country we live in are going down the drain!

Just sent this despicable excuse for a human being a email, if anyone else would like to eloquently inform him of his wrong doing here is his email address..
    timinflorida@hotmail.com

Interesting. I was in Bettles on Thursday waiting for a plane. The crew filming this was staging Out of there. The director/producer? Was on the phone with his NatGeo overlords. Apparently he had just found out himself. He was coming unglued and blaming it on NatGeo's position that all hunters are criminals. It didn't sound like he shared that belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Just sent this despicable excuse for a human being a email, if anyone else would like to eloquently inform him of his wrong doing here is his email address..
    timinflorida@hotmail.com
    Even better I emailed the public relations rep at National Geographic and told then they just lost me as a supporter and I was going to do what I could to convince my friends and family to dump them as well.

yeah...lets do a show on greeners living off of ferns and berries...maybe the occasional tree rat...

About had enough of this...I am a huge conservationist and understand wildlife managment...but to not try to come together or meet in the middle and show a balance between the two..come on. Here in AK we do a pretty good job sharing the wilderness and what it provides. You would think they could at least try to show on national tv those two differences can come together to accomplish the same goal....survive. Would make some good points I am sure both sides would understand and learn something from.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

to be honest i'm glad they're not showing too many hunters on these stupid reality shows. if you've watched the stuff they put on yukonmen i can see why its just material for anti-hunting trapping groups to use against us. i am proud to be a hunter but i don't see the need to flaunt it at every opportunity to people that aren't. I think some are a little to over the top about being killers. some of you need to realize that hunters and trapper numbers in most parts of the country are stable or declining which means there are probably more non-hunting voters than us. If you don't think anti hunters can mess with our sport think again. i say tread lightly. especially to those of you in larger metropolitian areas who feel it necessary to drive all over town with bloody animals dragging behind your truck. most of the harm to hunters reputation we do to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Even better I emailed the public relations rep at National Geographic and told then they just lost me as a supporter and I was going to do what I could to convince my friends and family to dump them as well.
    That is a great way to go. These org's bottom line (not for profit or for profit) is to make sure they have enough money to continue.

Personally, I do enjoy much of NG's programming. What a lot of uninformed people don't understand is that hunters enjoy watching and seeing animals without killing them. Do I harvest them...yes. Do I enjoy seeing them without a bow or a gun in my hands...yes. How many animals have I let walk that I could have killed if I was this blood thirsty, drunken idiot many think we are...quite a few. What man folks don't understand is how many animals would die slow and lingering deaths from disease or starvation if we didn't harvest them (hunting or trapping). More of a problem here in the lower 48 where we are the top of the food chain (except democrats)...sorry, I had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Take_'em View Post
    That is a great way to go. These org's bottom line (not for profit or for profit) is to make sure they have enough money to continue.

Personally, I do enjoy much of NG's programming. What a lot of uninformed people don't understand is that hunters enjoy watching and seeing animals without killing them. Do I harvest them...yes. Do I enjoy seeing them without a bow or a gun in my hands...yes. How many animals have I let walk that I could have killed if I was this blood thirsty, drunken idiot many think we are...
    Yes it's sad that the, what I call "slob hunters" have basically ruined it for the rest of us. Thank God not all non-hunters feel this way, or we probably would have lost our hunting privileges long ago. They have enough common sense to realize that just because they enjoy buying a steak at the store that somebody else has processed for them, that it's still alright for those of us that want to eat healthier animals and do it all ourselves.

It's truly sad that the anti hunters don't understand that we cherish the game we hunt. Killing is the least enjoyable part of the hunt for me. I've always said that because of the love I feel for these animals, that if I could eat them without killing them I would.

I have to ask these antis, that if/when the "sh*t were to really hit the fan" and you couldn't buy anything in the stores anymore, how many of them would want hunters as their new best friend?

Unfortunately I think we're fighting a loosing battle. The illogical mindset of so many millions is just too hard to reason with. Most of America has become soft and cuddly, and has NO IDEA what it's really like if one really HAD to put food on the table in a survival type situation....

Edit....Then I see these hunting shows, where the hunter kills a nice deer or turkey and immediately jumps up and says "I smoked that sucker!!!" Does anybody else have a problem with this? When I see this it's not a wonder that non hunters feel the way they do.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The only way to overcome the liberal views and obtain the upper hand over greenies and orgs like National Geocrapic is for every hunter to train and arm 3 junior shooters. Then the 3 new shooters make 4 voices that howl against oppression, not one. In 2 generations the tide would spin back in the correct direction. You don't have to hunt and kill animals to shoot firearms, lest we forget what the Second Amendment is all about. Heck if you don't have kids volunteer to do hunter safety training or 10 meter air rifle shoots they can be done indoors in gyms during the winter and many sporting goods store will sponsor them. Quite watching TV and help the kids learn a skill, for America.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Then I see these hunting shows, where the hunter kills a nice deer or turkey and immediately jumps up and says "I smoked that sucker!!!" Does anybody else have a problem with this? When I see this it's not a wonder that non hunters feel the way they do.
    its almost all the hunting shows these day sound like that. especially those awful whitetail hunting shows from the south. you have billy bob saying "WHEEE HAAWWWW" smoked that sum bich" they're terrible then they talk about what they're going to "smoke" tomorrow. i almost can't watch the outdoor channel anymore. i'm a hunter and it makes me almost an anti hunter watching them shoot things over food plots and feeders.

You know if its like any other liberal signature gathering job one guy with a fake list of dead people, Kind of like voting sigs, submitted it from home and that was that. Last time I pick up
    natgeo again also. Ron.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast