Thread: Anchor Point Waveheight Buoy Survey

Default Anchor Point Waveheight Buoy Survey

Cliffhanger sent me an email about this, so I have to thank him for the info. But for anyone that uses the Anchor Pt. wave height buoy to figure out the weather conditions out there at any given time, please take 5 minutes or so to fill out the survey. I use the buoy ALL the time, so it is very important to me.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AOOS_WaveBuoySurvey
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Default Anchor Point Waveheight Buoy Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Cliffhanger sent me an email about this, so I have to thank him for the info. But for anyone that uses the Anchor Pt. wave height buoy to figure out the weather conditions out there at any given time, please take 5 minutes or so to fill out the survey. I use the buoy ALL the time, so it is very important to me.
    I just did the survey, what did you think about the two new proposed locations? I put that either would be fine, I just don't want it permanently removed.

i used to tie-up to that buoy all the time 'til i broke it loose a few weeks ago

I don't know if you realize this, but people tying up to the buoy is one of the possible reasons it is breaking loose. Take a look at their website for info about that. They are actually looking for people that will report people tying up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    I just did the survey, what did you think about the two new proposed locations? I put that either would be fine, I just don't want it permanently removed.
    I'd probably be happier if they moved it inside K-Bay like they say they might do. And of the two I'd probably prefer it be at the spot "B" that is closer to Bluff Pt. since I fish there a LOT for salmon, and not far from there for halibut. Seems to me like a better place than off Anchor Pt. Though if I had MY absolute choice I'd love to see it moved even further south. But if I REALLY could make a wish list I'd love to see a few of them in different areas. The wave height can be significantly different at the Bluffs than it can be out by Flat Is., or down by Pt. Adam.

Jisler, I got your joke! The buoy location would be better if it were 15 miles out from Anchor Pt and 15 miles south. Then the info could be used by charters trying to get thier clients better halibut then most of the fish in the bay!

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Jisler, I got your joke! The buoy location would be better if it were 15 miles out from Anchor Pt and 15 miles south. Then the info could be used by charters trying to get thier clients better halibut then most of the fish in the bay!
    Well, to you two maybe it is a joke. And I'm very sorry Matt that you just seem to not be able to let go of trying to prompt me into some sort of "pissing match" here. I don't know what it is that makes you so miserable that that's all you have time to do. Believe it or not there are people on this forum with thriving charter businesses that appreciate what the buoy does for us. Of course if you no longer have a thriving charter business it might just be a joke to you.

And fortunately I do try my hardest to get the exact sort of fish my clients ask me to get for them. Which is why I'd prefer to see it in a slightly more useful location such as off Flat Is., or Pt. Adam. I specialize in getting the species of fish that people are seeking (such as decent sized halibut, lings and the various rockfish) which usually means going out past Flat Is. and Pt. Adam.

BTW, Matt, you'd be best served by going back to school. Once again your grammar is horrible. "Thier" should be "their" and in this case "then" should be "than'. Better work on that.

Filled out the survey. I wish that there would be more, especially near Flat Island or Pt. Adam. I chose location A because I feel it would give a tad bigger spectrum of what might be happening. Any buoy out there is better than no buoy at all. I work in PWS quite a bit and the weather buoys haven't been operational in almost a year. The one in Port Wells (not a great location for me) is out, but still there and the one for West Orca Bay "mid Sound buoy" is still very high and dry in the Dutch Group. I wonder why they can't work with the USCG buoy tenders (Sycamore or Hickory) to help out.

It was not directed at you Dave! It was that Jisler was making a joke. I use the buoy info too. Sorry no more school for me to many teachers that had 10 year when I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo2382 View Post
    Filled out the survey. I wish that there would be more, especially near Flat Island or Pt. Adam. I chose location A because I feel it would give a tad bigger spectrum of what might be happening. Any buoy out there is better than no buoy at all. I work in PWS quite a bit and the weather buoys haven't been operational in almost a year. The one in Port Wells (not a great location for me) is out, but still there and the one for West Orca Bay "mid Sound buoy" is still very high and dry in the Dutch Group. I wonder why they can't work with the USCG buoy tenders (Sycamore or Hickory) to help out.
    Total agreement. And I actually said that a couple of times in the survey where you could add notes. Not sure why there aren't more of them around. They are such a great tool to use.

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    It was not directed at you Dave! It was that Jisler was making a joke. I use the buoy info too. Sorry no more school for me to many teachers that had 10 year when I went.
    Sorry if I'm a little sensitive about things like this. When someone makes a totally unnecessary and extremely personal remark about me AND is extremely hostile toward me one day, and then a couple of days later they make a reference that really seems to be totally regarding the type of fishing I often do (fishing "in the bay" as you so eloquently put it), and is referenced in their post which just happens to be pretty much right after my post, it's a little difficult to believe that they aren't referring to me personally.

And the reason I don't think it is really a laughing matter is because there are a LOT of people that rely on this forum for GOOD information regarding the best things to do out there to catch fish. Yeah, you know it was a joke, and I know it was a joke, but someone that doesn't "have a clue" as to the proper way of doing things out there might just think, "Hmmmm, tying off to a buoy sure sounds like a good way to "anchor up" without having to do all that work." I don't know about anyone else, but I am here to help people learn how to do things the proper way. Joking about serious issues just doesn't seem like quite the way to go about doing that. But whatever floats your boat!

Glad I found this post. Been wondering what had happened to the bouy. I filled out the survey and will see what happens.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

As I fish out of Deep Creek , location "A" is more pertinent to me. Too close and around the corner of the bluff would mask any useful data for us up here around Ninilchik. Actually another up this way would be better but any is better than what we have now.
    Muttley......Thanks for bringing up the survey. I filled it out.
    Jack on HIGH TIDE

Special thanks need to go to Cliffhanger. He is the one that told ME about it. Thanks Fishin' Dude!!!