Thread: Canoe for upriver hunt, abuse

Default Canoe for upriver hunt, abuse

My son and I are doing an upriver hunt here soon.. if we get lucky the canoes will be pretty destroyed getting the meat out.. shallow water.. lots of scratches, and abuse..

I have a wee no na that is over kill for this hunt.. but all I have..

looking to buy a second.. looking at a blu hole royalex?.. bad idea.. seems heavy.. and maybe not up to the abuse?

ideas.. also looking for a coleman 17 foot.. or equivalent..

I'd go with the Coleman for what you're describing. I've used them off and on for years for that kind of thing. Always been satisfied with them, and they're not such a big investment that you're going to feel bad if something happens to it.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by walk-in View Post
    I'd go with the Coleman for what you're describing. I've used them off and on for years for that kind of thing. Always been satisfied with them, and they're not such a big investment that you're going to feel bad if something happens to it.

yea, that's kinda what I am thinking. One ea my son and I wrapped one around a rock.. it took two spruce poles about 5 inch diameter to pry it off.. it was literal bent in half.. we straightened it out.. then reloaded the gear, and floated out.. amazing actually. Scratched up and battered but still floating.