Thread: Black Bear Hunt

Default Black Bear Hunt

Hey, I am new here and looking for a black bear. A hunting partner with experience and just a good lead as to where to go. If anyone wants to go sometime that has the knowledge Im lacking let me know. I live in Palmer and am good to go whenever. I am military. I am gonna head up to Kings River just passed Sutton tomorrow morning and try my luck. Well, let me know. Thanks.

Good luck there are no black bears in the Anchorage,Wasilla, Palmer area.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I guess I didn't get that memo...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I guess I didn't get that memo...
    I don't think the bears got that memo either.

I dont know about that one, got footage of one on voyles blvd right by my house taken this spring

Quote Originally Posted by nsomm54 View Post
    Hey, I am new here and looking for a black bear. A hunting partner with experience and just a good lead as to where to go. If anyone wants to go sometime that has the knowledge Im lacking let me know. I live in Palmer and am good to go whenever. I am military. I am gonna head up to Kings River just passed Sutton tomorrow morning and try my luck. Well, let me know. Thanks.
    Me I would wander over into hatcher pass a take a look... Also crow creek opens this weekend again I would go in on the girdwood side and glass those hills full of berries. Dont shoot a brn bear that will get u into a ton of trouble. Getting to them is going to be a challenge. But they are there, on that side you don't need the registration permit. But read the regs for your own good. Shoot I could be wrong, but doubt it.

I must have read the wrong memo?

Wait a minute I know what it was, you are supposed to hit the hillsides glassing for black bears eating berries at this time of the year! Maybe the Chugiak range, Talkeetnas, or Kenai's?

There are only like 5,000 threads identical to this one on this forum that will tell you exactly where to go and how to hunt them.

Kings river is a very popular atv play ground but you never know there might be a bear around.

I must have read the wrong memo?

Wait a minute I know what it was, you are supposed to hit the hillsides glassing for black bears eating berries at this time of the year! Maybe the Chugiak range, Talkeetnas, or Kenai's?

There are only like 5,000 threads identical to this one on this forum that will tell you exactly where to go and how to hunt them.

Kings river is a very popular atv play ground but you never know there might be a bear around.
    Man your negative attitude really sucks! We get it you know it all, you know i come here to learn but oh no here comes bronco all high and mighty look at me I know this I know that man get a grip. Sorry for the rant but man I just want to learn from these forums you know fill my brain with all this knowledge but I can't with your bad negative vibes. Oh can someone tell me how deep a moose chest is you know just in case I have to make 2 mile shot with my 358 Winchester using 275 gr woodliegh bullets thanks!

Man your negative attitude really sucks! We get it you know it all, you know i come here to learn but oh no here comes bronco all high and mighty look at me I know this I know that man get a grip. Sorry for the rant but man I just want to learn from these forums you know fill my brain with all this knowledge but I can't with your bad negative vibes. Oh can someone tell me how deep a moose chest is you know just in case I have to make 2 mile shot with my 358 Winchester using 275 gr woodliegh bullets thanks!
    2 Miles that bullet should just be reaching peak performance just hold at the top of the back and let er rip.

Me I would wander over into hatcher pass a take a look... Also crow creek opens this weekend again I would go in on the girdwood side and glass those hills full of berries. Dont shoot a brn bear that will get u into a ton of trouble. Getting to them is going to be a challenge. But they are there, on that side you don't need the registration permit. But read the regs for your own good. Shoot I could be wrong, but doubt it.
    That trail you speak of is not in season till Sept 4th, tuesday! Girdwood itself is in the remainder of 14c therefore open year round, but I can guarantee that trail that goes to Eagle river is still closed, most of it anyways.