Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fellow argo hunters contact list?

Default fellow argo hunters contact list?

Would you guys think it would be useful if a guy assembled a list of contacts of all the argo owners in alaska that we could find? one of the problems I have is that while I want to go 30 miles in on an argo only trail for moose, if something were to happen where I needed help, I might be stuck because all my friends have 4 wheelers and COULDN'T come help me. plus perhaps we could find fellow argo owners to hunt with? I would be willing to assemble a list if there is interest, and each contributor would get a copy. (mod- feel free to move this, although t I think it should remain in hunting but perhaps a new thread?) let me know your thoughts!!!

Sounds like something that could be pretty handy, Jason would be a good start, for a list of applicants---
    The German

I'm in however without tracks in fairly limited

Might be worth starting an Alaska Argo Owners group on Facebook. Pretty easy if you have an active group to make a call and get an SOS out to folks who can help. I have a couple online groups that my wife knows how to access and send out a plea for help if I call her and tell her what I need.

Default facebook.com?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Might be worth starting an Alaska Argo Owners group on Facebook.
    At facebook.com?? Really?

I thought that this site had the ability to accommodate groups of a like mind, either privately or publicly. Do you really think that facebook.com is better at this than outdoorsdirectory.com is?

I'm way more familiar with this web site's functions/abilities than I am of facebook.com's, so I'm ready to be edjamacated on this.

Man get with the times!! Everyone has Facebook. Even Mike Strahan!

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Facebook has better tools in place for mobile notifications and private group settings.

Default FB

Facebook has better tools in place for mobile notifications and private group settings.
    I didn't know that. I don't facebook, and neither have I ever myspace'd or twittered.

It sounds like the social networking site facebook.com has made some real inroads... does their system allow for the segregation of Outdoors Alaskans, giving them some semi private places to discuss things?

You can crate "Groups" that require an invite with mods.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

maybe the idea of a Facebook group with a password is the way to go. I guess the only way to keep it on this forum would be to start a new category probably within atv, but it would need to be public. I always had in mind this would be a public deal, I think we would get more interest (members if you will) if it was public. guess the question now is: public or private?

You can't password protect a Facebook group, but you can make it private and by invite only.

The problem with public is that this site is truly public, as in open to everyone. There are lots of great folks out there but plenty of not so great folks as well and it generally isn't a good idea to publish your contact info online on a public site.

The problem with public is that this site is truly public, as in open to everyone. There are lots of great folks out there but plenty of not so great folks as well and it generally isn't a good idea to publish your contact info online on a public site.
    +1. Exactly. With vBulletin you "can" make password protected subforums, but don't see that happening.

Sounds like a good idea. I have got stranded before and its a good thing it wasn't freezing weather. I had to swim several small sloughs to get out. Nobody could get to me unless they had an Argo. Now I have 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by agoyne View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. I have got stranded before and its a good thing it wasn't freezing weather. I had to swim several small sloughs to get out. Nobody could get to me unless they had an Argo. Now I have 2 of them.
    Been there done that but 2 argos does you no good if the 2 people that can drive them are in 1 argo Lesson learned LOL!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Don't have an Argo, but have a Mudd-Ox, I would be willing to come help anyone if I could. I have mine setup so at it can be towed with a tow bar mounted to the plow mounts. I'm in the Fairbanks area.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Gorgeous machine !!

Had one member with a mudd ox willing to rescue. Perhaps the name argo hunter is miss leading? Some name that indicates tracked atv hunter might be better! Can't really include ANY and all tracked vehicles as I am pretty sure my argo would not be able to pull a nodwell anywhere!
    this seems to generating some interest, so far about ten willing! Keep them coming! pm me if interested!

if you care to participate, u can pm me you contact info/ - phones, email, your handle on this/other forums, and where you live, and which part of the state you hunt with your tracked atv.

Just got tracks this weekend. Plan on installing this week, so I'm not able to provide assistance in the swamps and snow

Attachment 64840

well,
    My buddy has a Mudd-Ox that is stuck in a small creek. I tried to pull him out last night and we are gonna need some more muscle.
    He crossed a small but deep creek. His nose wasn't able to come up the bank and is now wedged. With it have hydrostatic drive, we can't get the wheels to turn freely, the relief plug/valve is under water and we can't get to it. I tired a snatch block set up and tried pulling it out backwards with no luck. It just to heavy now that its flooded with water. We also tried getting the nose up but just don't have lift.

If anyone has any ideas or is willing to lend a hand out by Point Mac tonight. Please email me
    Gokorn1@aol.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast