Thread: Draw Tag question

Default Draw Tag question

Quick Questions I searched and looked through the regs and didnt find my answer. This was my first year actually winning a draw and I drew an antlerless tag this year and thus far the cows have illuded me. If you drew a draw tag you can still get a harvest tag and hunt the regular season cant you? So I will be able to go after a bull on the 1st? I am pretty sure the answer is yes but just want to double check.

Yes, You can still hunt the general season as long as you haven't harvested your cow. If you harvest a bull then your cow tag is null and void. You're only allowed 1 moose per year. which cow tag did you get that is eluding you? Good luck out there.

As Steve_o said

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_O View Post
    Yes, You can still hunt the general season as long as you haven't harvested your cow. If you harvest a bull then your cow tag is null and void. You're only allowed 1 moose per year. which cow tag did you get that is eluding you? Good luck out there.
    DM716 have gone out a total of 12 days now have seen LOTS of bulls and only 1 cow that didn't have a calf and she was wayyyy out in a swamp that I didn't want to venture into solo.

Since you haven't offered up the draw tag number - the answer is "it depends" as the conditions vary from permit to permit.

For example, recipients of permit DM 788, DM 786, and DM 789 are prohibited from hunting for or taking an antlered bull moose in the Fairbanks Management Area. Ref: pg 12 of the 2012-2013 draw supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Since you haven't offered up the draw tag number - the answer is "it depends" as the conditions vary from permit to permit.

For example, recipients of permit DM 788, DM 786, and DM 789 are prohibited from hunting for or taking an antlered bull moose in the Fairbanks Management Area. Ref: pg 12 of the 2012-2013 draw supplement.
    What he said.

The details should be stated on your permit, but best to also check the draw supplement to see what conditions you agreed to when applying for the permit. Some permits, just by applying for them, create limits to other hunting (such as the Tier I caribou for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    DM716 have gone out a total of 12 days now have seen LOTS of bulls and only 1 cow that didn't have a calf and she was wayyyy out in a swamp that I didn't want to venture into solo.

I have DM 716 and I havent found anything that says I cannot.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    I have DM 716 and I havent found anything that says I cannot.
    You're good to go Bsj425. It's the FMA permits that have the restrictions. Go bust a bull and call it a season!!!!!