Thread: Basic Argo questions

Default Basic Argo questions

Know nothing about Argo's other than being impressed after watching a friend drive one a couple of years.

Thinking about a newer 8x8 with rubber tracks and the 750 efi engine for next year. If you are carrying one other passenger and about 400 pounds of gear and pulling a trailer with about 750-900 pounds in it how far can these rigs go on a gallon of gas? What speed do they run with the rubber tracks on?

Just a note, there is a Hydro-traxx with trailer in the for sale section below.
    I have no knowledge of either machine, just noticed it there...
    BK

We figure about 8mpg and take an extra 5 gallons.

On long flat rides with a slight decline, can get it up to 16+ mph or even to where it governs out. We typically average 6-10 mph, but that depends on the terrain, trail conditions, whether towing a loaded trailer, load distribution....

dont know, but ask your qeustion here http://www.6x6world.com/forums/forum.php > I know other argo owners that have avengers and could shoot strait with you. Good choice of a rig though! get the winch too!

Thanks, I'll start peeking around the other forum. Really undecided as to which way to go this time.
    Two ATV's and two meat wagons vs one 8x8 Argo with one large meat wagon. Prices will be within a few $k either way I go.

By the way, how do I change the settings on this forum so the last response comes up last instead of first?

its under "display". The argo and wheelers opperate in diffrent ways. The best solution is to get a NEW nice dependable 8x8 HDI 650 or 750, wait a year, and get a used wheeler (honda or polairs) or 2 or 3 grand. The best bang for your buck is the argo, to get past all the people. Get a four wheeler or two for "fun". They zip around, out run the argo, get sutuck, then the argo extracts them. They also go out ahead and "scout" for moose. When you kill one, it is a million times easier to get the moose out with the argo