Thread: Hope area black bears

Default Hope area black bears

Im thinking of heading out that way for a few day to see if i can get the first bear for me. Iv been up Palmer creek road a few time and did see bears. Never could get close enough. Any advice for that area?? any info is much help. Thanks

Hike up HIGH and stay a night or two. It's alot more enjoyable and theres no rush to beat the bear or the daylight.

I was there last week. Got rained and fogged in. Saw a wolverine which was SWEET. But, no bears. Be wind-wary is the only good advice I got.

if you have time and energy, hike up resurrection trail, and then up one of the side valleys to the west.

I know a good area with plenty of bear in late Sept. If you don't have any luck or plans, I can try and help you get on your first blackie. Be ready to hike tho!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great White Hunter View Post
    Im thinking of heading out that way for a few day to see if i can get the first bear for me. Iv been up Palmer creek road a few time and did see bears. Never could get close enough. Any advice for that area?? any info is much help. Thanks

im going to be trying to find some bears when we get back from AFG in a few weeks ! im thinking moose pass to get my first bear. let

im going to be trying to find some bears when we get back from AFG in a few weeks ! im thinking moose pass to get my first bear. let me know if you want to come with cuz i dont want to hunt by myself

The bears a still down low. four times a day I glass the sourounding mountains, and I have not seen one bear above timber/alder line all summer. I am seeing tracks and bears on the beach. Good luck men.

not sure what they are eating right now. the blueberry crop is a no go on the northern peninsula. (high bush).

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    not sure what they are eating right now. the blueberry crop is a no go on the northern peninsula. (high bush).
    Devil's club berries, sedges, & grasses, mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Devil's club berries, sedges, & grasses, mushrooms

And still plenty of salmon to be had.

I was up resurrection trail caribou hunting last week and didn't see any bears up on the hillsides. Like AGL4now said, I think they are still down low. There are plenty of berries up high, but they are down low eating other things still
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I was up there (resurrection trail) three weeks ago while seeing a few up top. Most of the blackies had cubs with them. Even had one momma and her cubs come from way up top to check us out. She then decided to follow us for a mile while continualy getting closer until she decided they had had enough.