Thread: Recent Seward silver updates??

Default Recent Seward silver updates??

With silver fishing slow seemingly everywhere, I'm thinking about moving our Labor Day Weekend fishing to Seward instead of Valdez. A lot less drive for apparently better fishing right now. Anyone have a current report? Where are they? How far out and how deep? Etc, etc.

Quite a few big jumpers just outside of the harbor and out to Lowell Point. A friend picked up some at Thumb Cove and I saw jumpers all the way out to Paradise Cove around the cape.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Thank you, sir.

In a way that's frustrating to hear. I really want to go to Valdez. There's just something about that trip that's more of an adventure than Seward. I think the effort to get there makes being there more satisfactory. And I can shrimp, probably successfully, while there. Can't say that about Seward.

I need a coin....

I'm with ya coho slayer, not sure which direction to go.
    Paul

I'm also thinking of fishing on Sunday if weather is nice out of Seward. Only thing is I would be from shore either using herring or snagging in the ocean. Are there any silvers to be had yet from shore? Also just wondering but pretty sure the pinks are there and good to snag an I right or no?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw67 View Post
    I'm with ya coho slayer, not sure which direction to go.
    As of right now, I'm going to Valdez. I've done quite well there even when others haven't, so I'm confident in my abilities and techniques. If I'm lucky, I can have a late-night departure tomorrow night and get in early enough to be on the water for high tide Friday. More likely scenario is leaving Friday morning, though. It's going to be a long trip with the boat behind me.

I may need a deck-hand to help out with docking, so watch for an open seat. Help out with gas and bait a bit and I'll probably take a couple of people out if they want.

Armyfishboy, if you go to Valdez look me up. I've got a couple of shore fishing techniques for silvers down to a science and I'd be happy to help you out.

Slight chance, though slim, that plans will change and I'll end up in Seward. I know the launch is going to be a madhouse there, though.

I won't get out to Valdez but I was thinking Seward since its closer depending on weather Sunday.

Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Ok, I guess Seward it is on Sunday and Monday for us. Valdez was just too much trip for everyone to fit in this weekend.

Where's the best place to fish for silvers in a 21' Thunderjet? Are they in closer in big numbers now? Should I just troll wherever the crowd is? I'd rather mooch....

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Ok, I guess Seward it is on Sunday and Monday for us. Valdez was just too much trip for everyone to fit in this weekend.

Where's the best place to fish for silvers in a 21' Thunderjet? Are they in closer in big numbers now? Should I just troll wherever the crowd is? I'd rather mooch....
    If it were me, I would start at either Caines Head or the south end of Fox.

Don't discount using bobber with eggs near stream outflows around low tide, and work it back in with the tide. Worked really, REALLY well for me when I could see schools just out from the tunnnel in the north end at Whittier even though there wasn't a stream they nosed into.

Thinking I'll go to Seward and try it at the Resurrection mouth.

Start trolling right out of the harbor and head toward millers landing. Downriggers or divers set at 30,40,50,60 feet. You will catch some, have faith.

Default Re: Recent Seward silver updates??

Weather sounds horrible, don't want to beat everyone up in the waves....probably calling the whole weekend off. Aaaarrrrggh. Stupid gale warnings.....

Sent on my communicator

A whole lot of nothing happening on Saturday. Never seen Res Bay that dead. Time to settle in for college football in Saturdays.

Talked to the Harbormaster this morning since NOAA reports aren't exactly known for accuracy. She said the wind was ripping, most people weren't going out, and she'd never seen it rain so hard before. She said it rained so hard all you could here was a roar inside the building....

The fish are plentiful at the head of the bay areas. We did great in front of the sea life center and just south of there.
    Green hochie, herring, 25-30' that was from last weekend.

On Sunday and Monday this past weekend, we did ok during the slack near the sawdust pile at the head of the bay. Silvers were all in the 10 to 12 lb range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizmo_AK49 View Post
    On Sunday and Monday this past weekend, we did ok during the slack near the sawdust pile at the head of the bay. Silvers were all in the 10 to 12 lb range.
    Not sure where your talking about. Are you saying there catchable from shore? If so mind PMing me where at PLEASE!! Due to my injuring in Afghanistan it has limited my fishing but I want to get out atleast once!

Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

[QUOTE=ArmyFishboy;1171067]Not sure where your talking about. Are you saying there catchable from shore? If so mind PMing me where at PLEASE!! Due to my injuring in Afghanistan it has limited my fishing but I want to get out atleast once!

I sent you a PM... I'm in Seward now and heading out tomorrow AM for white fish.