Thread: Palmer rifle range?

Default Palmer rifle range?

Is the rifle range in Palmer open? The website says its open 3 days a week but it doesn't look like it has been updated for a long time. I have a fly out on Sunday and dropped my rifle this afternoon. I need to check the zero before heading out. I work until 5:30 every night and Birchwood closes at six.

Default if you're just looking to squeeze off a few...

Aw crap, I hate that when that happens. One good drop and all of a sudden you don't have confidence that it will hit where you have been aiming it.... Last time that happened to me, my poor little rifle fell about 6 feet and would have landed on a gravel (dry river) bed but lucky it because it landed on me; I had fallen too and was a quarter second ahead of it during the drop. Hurt like hell, but the gun still shot straight. Three holes tightly grouped told me that.

Hey, I don't live too far from you; not sure now many miles but it ain't much. If you just want to squeeze off 3 or 4 rounds you can do it in my back yard here. It's legal, and safe. I can probably get a target back 25 yards. I just don't shoot here much so as not to PO the neighbors. PM me if you're interested. Any evening is great except tomorrow/Wednesday evening since I committed to running two different trailer-loads around the valley then.

Default Palmer rifle range?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Is the rifle range in Palmer open? The website says its open 3 days a week but it doesn't look like it has been updated for a long time. I have a fly out on Sunday and dropped my rifle this afternoon. I need to check the zero before heading out. I work until 5:30 every night and Birchwood closes at six.
    Yes they have a 100 yard sight in range and the schedule on the website was accurate when I last checked about a month ago.