Thread: Haul Road

Default Haul Road

So, has anyone been doing any good off the Haul road lately for caribou? I plan on heading up there next month and hiking the 5 miles. Iíve done the trip several times, but it has been a while since Iíve been up there. Any recent reports would be helpful.

Take a look at the Bowhunting section....entire thread devoted to the haul road hunt.
    BK

I think I would try to go sooner than a month from now... besides the weather, I went in late sept last year and saw zilch. But saw gut piles and heard reports of kills from earlier in the month. Personally I would like to do the walk-in rifle hunt off the Haul Road next week but haven't found anyone to bring along.

The last few weeks have seen quite a few hunters on the road. They all appear to be doing well. Many camps along the road have meat hanging on makeshift poles. There is snow on the ground as of Monday all the way from Atigun pass to Slope Mountain camp. There are still caribou to be seen. Here is a pic of descending Atigun Pass on the north side Monday.