Thread: suzuki atv carb problems

Default suzuki atv carb problems

I have a 91 king quad that will not idle down and I can not turn the idle ajustment screw( It is stuck/frozen)
    Where do I go for carb repair. I am in the interior. The last time I had it repaired it was very exspensive. I could of bought a new carb for the cost of that rebuid. Or should I buy a new carb this time.

Thanks for any help

wow nothing.

Check your free play in the throttle cable, it may just need to be loosened up a bit. Another possibility is the choke may be stuck partly on.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thank you for the help I will give it a try.

I know this is kinda late but there is a couple things to look at if you are still having problems. The butterfly could be stuck open, or the spring in the butterfly is broke. The throttle cable is stuck or pinched somewhere. If you can give more info I will be able to help you out more.

I am not a mechanic but have turned a wrench or two on my two 300 KQs. I have had good luck calling the Suzuki/Arctic Cat shop in Anchorage explaining I live 300 miles away from any ATV shop. They are generally real good at letting me talk to a mechanic.

I recommend you buy a Clymer Manual for about $20-30 bucks on line. I have used mine a lot. It has saved me a lot of money. The most I have done with my carb is pulled it out cleaned it up and re-installed it. This seemed to help a lot.