Thread: Tikka T3/ TTSX bullets

SE AK

Default Tikka T3/ TTSX bullets

I've done a search and didn't quite find the answer I was looking for but thought you guys might be able to offer your experience and opinions.

I have a Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag and have been shooting Nosler Partitions with H4831 Powder with good results.

I've read good things about the BArnes TTSX so I ordered some 150 gr BT's. However, the TTSX's are 1/4" longer. Will I have any issues with powder capacity if I seat them deep enough so they fit in the magazine?

Anybody care to share their load for this combo? I don't have any manuals that cover the TTXS's.

yep, they are longer and take up more powder space. In my experience they shoot slower too. The load data is quite different than similar weight lead bullets so use Barnes data. There is a limited amount on their web sight, enough to maybe get you started. They are awesome on game. You are trading bullet weight for bullet performance. Barnes markets their bullets by telling shooters they can "step down" a bullet weight and achieve the same results because the bullet retains most all of it's mass when it hits the target. For instance, 180g bullet loses 20% of it's mass (not uncommon). A barnes bullet retains 98% (100%). The lead bullet will weigh 162g and the barnes is still about 180g as it plows through game. Mass x Velocity= Momentum. Even if you "step down" to a 168g bullet you are still ahead in weight and velocity. That is how I mathed it out when deciding on the partition or the ttsx. Hope it helps.