Thread: 7mm-08 and 120gr TTSX

Default 7mm-08 and 120gr TTSX

I'm currently shooting 140gr TTSX out of my model 70 FW. THey shoot well, but I was going to try to get a little more speed out of it. Anyone have any performace reports with the 7mm-08 and 120 TTSX from Caribou on down?

A member here used one on a bull moose a couple of years back.

They worked extremely well on blacktail deer. I see no reason why they wouldn't work on caribou.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I would think a 7mm-08 and 120 TSX would make an outstanding game load, and for comment sake only, the Nosler forum chatter says the 120 Ballistic Tip is an effective deer, pronghorn, etc ... too - some years back a guy named Darrell Holland told me he shot elk with that bullet all the time, had no reason to doubt his claim - I'm just saying that a 120 grain "anything" is a good weight choice for the 7mm-08, it is a very nice cartridge I think

I haven't shot 120 gr TSX in the 7mm but I plan to use 120 TSX in a .260 Rem I just bought. It has a slightly better B.C. than the 7mm but should be just as effective and should work just fine on caribou, elk and maybe moose and will certainly kill any flavor of deer.

Folks have been using the conventional lead 117 and 120 gr in .257 caliber guns for years so I hafta believe the TSX will be fine in either the 6.5 or 7MM.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.