Thread: Dune Lake Sled trail

Default Dune Lake Sled trail

I'm planning on running to Dune lake this winter. I've only flown into it to fish and this year like to take the kids on the sleds. Can anyone tell me from Nenana how the trail usually is as far as condition and time it takes to make the run? I know it's around 40 miles to run it.
    Thanks,

GS

"Ditto"

I hear its pretty sweet fishing. If we don't find out I'll make a trail and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierShaker View Post
    I'm planning on running to Dune lake this winter. I've only flown into it to fish and this year like to take the kids on the sleds. Can anyone tell me from Nenana how the trail usually is as far as condition and time it takes to make the run? I know it's around 40 miles to run it.
    Thanks,

GS

There's a trail there already. Just need the info on it. I've been there many times in the plane. Got skunked everytime but it's still fun. If you like to catch fish this lake isn't for you. Now if you got energy to cut in a trail go to Geskamina lake. It's NE of Dune about 20 air miles I'm guessing. I catch many fish there. I don't have the energy to cut trails anymore.

GS