Thread: Silvers and Rainbows

Default Silvers and Rainbows

I am setting up a trip for next Sept for Big Rainbows and Silvers. Can use some advice. Naknek or Kvichak. Or what other river should I be looking at? Looking for a quality experience. Thanks for info

you need to talk to Dan on here, he has floated over there and both those rivers I think, he can help you out.

Thanks much I appreciate the heads up.

Sorry, his name is Dan but his screen name is danattherock, real nice guy, I am sure you would be more then happy to lend any help he has to offer.

Another forum member to check with is George Riddle. He is the owner of Blueberry Island Lodge, on the Kvichak.

Oh yeah I forgot about George………….he would be a great person to ask, or even rent a place and boat from. George is also a very nice guy!

How do you guys know if I am nice or not... If you want both I would head for the Naknek. The Kvichak has had a poor run of silvers and some are still trickling through but even with a limit of two a day you would be hard pressed to limit. Trout on the other hand are starting up very nice right now as the chum start to drop and it will only be getting better here on the Kvichak River. If you need some places and people to hook up with I know some guides and b&b's there as I grew up in King Salmon/Naknek. Hope you have a good time where ever you try.

George

Thanks George I have talked to you a few times here and on another site. Appreciate your help very much. Thinking about Rainbow Lodge. Local fising for Bows and flyouts for Silvers. Sept 2013. Any suggestions of Guides / Lodge / timing will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    How do you guys know if I am nice or not...
    George

You keep telling us.

Mtguy, is that Rainbow Bend?

Drifter, nobody listens to me at my house...

George It's Ron Hayes Alaska Rainbow Lodge. On the Kvichak. Any info on it? PM with any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.