Thread: Scope bases for a model 700

Default Scope bases for a model 700

Does anyone know if one can get bases that allow one to move the scope back further on a Rem. model 700?
    I have Weaver bases, and they don't allow my new scope, a used M8x6x42, to move back far enough.
    Thanks gents.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I like the Leupold dual dovetail rings and they offer a reversible front base, #50044. Here is a link to Midway with the one I am talking about.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/204...le-front-matte

If you want to stay with the Weaver rings you might get more adjustment with their Rifleman bases

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoot...ifleman-bases/

Mostly the bases will be located above the ring and bridge of the rifle. There should be a set of rings available which is ofset to allow for forward and rearward mounting of different scopes.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Does anyone know if one can get bases that allow one to move the scope back further on a Rem. model 700?
    I have Weaver bases, and they don't allow my new scope, a used M8x6x42, to move back far enough.
    Thanks gents.
    The short answer is yes.

There are numerous options that will give you flexibility in mounting your 6x42--Talley LWs, Dual Dovetail by various manufacturers, Conetrol, S&K, DNZ, a picatinny rail, etc. I'd like to see a picture of your issue, but it sounds like you may have an extension front base that is facing forward, which can either be replaced or turned 180.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I have a set of Weaver off set rings if you want them they're yours. If it were me I'd go with a picanty mount like 1 Cor mentioned. However if your not needing to come back a whole lot these off set rings ought to work.

PM me with your addres and I'll send them to you free of charge.

EKC

Hi gents
    Found a set of Leupold bases, Weaver style, that allowed me about 1" of rearward extension. Made a big difference.
    EKC, thanks for your generous offer, but I'm good to go now.
    Cheers
    Paul
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.