Thread: Russian Lakes

Default Russian Lakes

Was looking for info on the Upper and Lower Russian lakes. Thinking about hiking in third week of September and doing some fishing. Fishing better at one vs the other? Would I need my packraft to get out there (I imagine that would help), but is there good fishing by the mouths? Thanks for any info.

Sorry I don't have any useful info for you but I would love to hear a report if you make the trip. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    Was looking for info on the Upper and Lower Russian lakes. Thinking about hiking in third week of September and doing some fishing. Fishing better at one vs the other? Would I need my packraft to get out there (I imagine that would help), but is there good fishing by the mouths? Thanks for any info.
    Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be mean. Just curious why you want to fish the lakes rather than the river?

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be mean. Just curious why you want to fish the lakes rather than the river?
    Agreed. The russian that time of the year has some amazing trout from the falls all the way to the mouth....
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Anyone can drive to the russian and fish the falls to the mouth whenever, and agreed its good fishing. Its a fish park though. Kids & dogs and the whole 9. I say get out & do it! Its gonna be so nice up there in Sept. I've been wanting to check it out too, with the raft & paddle and just scope out the lakes for fish. You'll find em! Don't post a report though. Fishon!

I've fished the Russian before, just looking for something different, and I've never hiked up past the falls.

Cabin is reserved during the time I was looking at going. Anyone know if there is any decent area around there to pitch a small tent (that isn't right next to the cabin)? Thanks!